Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Sunday

Since we had our Easter dinner on Saturday night -- giving that everyone lives a distance away and has to drive.  Easter Sunday was a bit more low-key.
I know -- we are heathens --but we didn't go to church since Easter and Christmas tend to be a madhouse.

Instead we enjoyed a nice breakfast with my parents before they left to drive their 3-hours home. The weather was lovely! 86-degrees and sunny!
 Since the weather was so nice we decided to go to the lake for a boat ride! Buddy was stoked!
 Pooch loves being on the water - just not in it! HA! He's come a long way though.  His first summer at the lake he wouldn't even get on the dock without us dragging him.  Now he runs down the dock and jumps on the boat!
As for getting into the water? Not so much.  I'm really tempted to get him a life jacket and test it this summer.  It seems he's still traumatized by me throwing him into a pool as a puppy to see if he could swim. Yes, bad Mommy.  I seriously, didn't know better.

 BTW - I got sunburned! I guess I don't have a base tan like I did last summer.

Of course, the ducks were out in full force.  The names my MIL has given these two? Fred and Ethel.
 Nice for the weather to be warm and not storming! There has been some crazy storms here in the SE and in other parts of the country!
 Buddy was so funny.  I've never seen him chase the ducks before but he was chasing them on Sunday.  I guess it was because the squirrels weren't out for the day yet.
  A few weeks ago we noticed that in one of my in-laws pampas grass bushes there was a duck egg.  Then a couple of days later there were 2 more.  Well, now we actually got to see the duck sitting on the eggs.
If you look close you can see her.  She hides herself but she's a dark duck and you can even see her eye.  This as close as we could get.
Cool or what?
This actually happened last summer then there were a lot of little ducks running around!
Great Easter weekend indeed!
Update since the weekend: Buddy injured his back while home alone yesterday. The vet thinks he jumped off a piece of furniture.  When I got home he was shaking, crying and wouldn't eat or go up the stairs. I immediatley took him to the vet.  I know a lot of you gals saw this on Facebook last night but I thought I would update everyone else.  He's now on pain meds and muscle relaxers and they're telling us he has to avoid stairs for 2-weeks.  That would be okay if we didn't live in a 3-story townhome.  I've already done my share of carrying the 33-pound furball up and down.  Today he's isolated to the basement and we've put stuff on the couch and chairs. Say a prayer he gets better soon and doesn't injure himself worse!

19 comments:

love jenny xoxo said...

I'm so jealous of your weather! It was a pretty nice Easter in MN, 60's and sunny, but it's raining and cold today and maybe snow tonight!! Can I come stay with you until summer?!

XOXO

MCW said...

This looks heavenly! So jealous!!!

I Do Declare said...

I saw that about Buddy on FB - so worried about him! Chloe sends her puppy love! Bless his heart!!!

ps-
We didn't go to church either....

donatelli98 said...

Poor Buddy - I didn't check FB last night!! I sure hope he's feeling better soon!! Love the picture of you Brad and your parents - so cute!!

Annie said...

Aww hope Buddy gets better! you look just like your parents!

Anonymous said...

Poor Buddy! I hope he gets better soon!
I'm considering getting my dog a lifejacket to see how he does in the water this summer :/

Mandy said...

So sorry to hear about Buddy!! Poor, poor pooch! Hope he's feeling better soon. Also, love your easter dinner! I was salivating over here looking at the pics of the yummy food (we don't get good beef here.) And adore those napkins! So festive and springy!!

The Jones Family said...

I want to go to the lake! Looks like the perfect day.

Poor Buddy. Please keep us posted!

Nikki said...

Poor Buddy! It's so hard to see your pet or child in pain when they can't tell you what's wrong. Hopefully the memories of duck chasing will keep him happy for a few weeks. Looks like a wonderful Easter Sunday!

Monica said...

Poor little Buddy. I hope he gets better soon. I love that he likes boat rides. Too cute.

teresa-bug said...

Poor Buddy. : ( I hope he feels better soon!

PS Baby ducks are my favorite thing about Spring. My parents have had some to be laid in the middle of their yard before. She finally moved them.

DSS said...

I adore that you have a sunburn. Although they are not good, I would like one please :) hahaha...jk. I just want SOME color please!

Looks like your Easter weekend was fabulous, and get the Budster a life vest already. I've got one for Louis. I can't wait to dunk him this summer at the lake :-o

April of Smidge Of This said...

Aw poor Buddy ... spoil that pooch while he recovers. I need to get my Mom's doggie ice cream recipe to share with you. I think that'd help him feel better. :)

BTW you look so pretty in that 1st pic!

starnes family said...

I did not see this on FB. So sorry about Buddy!

Glad you had a good Easter.

I love the ducks.

The Lenzers said...

i want to go to the lake! i couldn't see the duck and i tried to look hard. hope buddy is feeling better!

LSUgirl765 said...

Oh my! Ya'll looked like you had a blast! Prayers for the Bud-ster! Get well soon buddy boy!

Beth Dunn said...

Your Easter sounds dreamy!
xoxo
SC

nomo wino daph said...

What a PERFECT Easter holiday!!!!

I hope your having a great week sweetie.

xo

The Rand's said...

Hope Buddy's back gets better soon!

Love the lake pics! I'm so ready to get on the water!