Thursday, June 17, 2010

Wedding Album - Advice Needed

I need some advice blogging peeps. I opted out of buying the wedding album from my photographer and do my own. His was gorgeous but sorta pricey and my rents' weren't for spending that kind of $$.

Also, I like doing this sort of thing. We have the disk with all the pictures so it shouldn't be too hard. Someone gave us a Lenox album that I am going to print pictures out and put it BUT I want to create a nice digital album online as well.

I know they aren't cheap but I am willing to pay a good amount for a nice album, meaning leather bound, etc.

I typically use shutterfly but am not sure about doing a high-end album through them? Do any of you have advice or used a company I'm not aware of that does high quality stuff?

If so, let me know by commenting.

As you may have noticed I’ve been playing around with my header pictures and it’s mainly because I’ve been going through them to see which ones I want to print out for the Lenox album.

So.. you get another dose.
Here are two funny pictures of Brad from the big day.

The story behind this one??
Ummm..can you say nervous?

Poor guy had a case of the ‘nose bleeds’ throughout the wedding weekend. Once in the middle of the rehearsal dinner and once while taking pictures. He NEVER gets nose bleeds!! Yes, hes was nervous.

Not sure what the whole story is behind this picture but I think it’s funny and love the look on his face. This was in the bar at our hotel when the guys were taking their pictures.
To see all of our wedding pictures – go here. Ta-Ta for today!

13 comments:

Little Match Girl said...

I work for a non profit and we make albums for honorees for events all the time. We have been using kodak online and they are wonderful. The albums look beautiful and our honorees are always pleased.

Hope that helps!

If the shoe FITZ said...

i have never used them but I get their catalog...looks like nice stuff. www.exposuresonline.com
also, i just did a quick search of photo books and got a ton of places that i have never heard of.

The Jones Family said...

I was going to say Kodak as well but I bet if you research it you can find a ton of sites that can do it!

starnes family said...

I've made several online albums using Shutterfly, Kodak and the like, but it seems like you could find something more upscale for this. But, I have no idea of the quality of their nicer albums.

Let us know what you find!

Sara said...

I've never seen a wedding album done by Kodak, but I have several albums from them for regular stuff and they do a great job!
I'm not sure if y'all have Wolf Camera??? But if you do, they did wonderful prints of Hudson's 1st birthday pictures. Loved them. I'm sure they do albums as well.

Good luck!! Love all of the wedding pics!

The Lenzers said...

i use shutterfly, snapfish, ect for reg albums. my friend had her album done thru her photographer and it is beautiful but she paid $$$$ for it. truth is the paper is probably all the same.just jazz it up with the backgrounds and such. you could just do like a 2 page book, not in the leather binding, to see how they print? love seeing the pics, they are gorgeous

Jen said...

I don't have any advice for you but I can't wait to see what everyone else says! What an exciting time for you! I might be more excited for you than you are ;-)

The Soladay Family said...

Ditto on Kodak. I used them for ours, and it is awesome! Love it.

MCW said...

I would love to see more pics! The nose bleed one is priceless...

Kelly Beatty said...

There's this company named "Miller's" that my photographer used if you wanted to order extra pictures....I think they do photo editing and such. Not sure about albums.

SASS said...

Kodak! I haven't used them for wedding pictures (we don't have ours yet!) but I used them for our engagement pics.

Monica said...

I've used Picaboo to do an album before. I really liked it. I want to make an album for my parents too, but all of my pictures have the watermark on them. Annoying! I'm hoping I will get a CD without the watermark at some point.

Monica said...

I just looked at ALL of your pictures and I love them! Your photographer did such a great job and captured so many special moments. Loved them all.