Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wedding Planning Update

Ok – I’m just under 6-months out and everyone at work is surprised I’m so calm? Seriously peeps…

Maybe it’s because I accomplished my goal of getting everything done on the front end and am now just waiting on the breaking news? Well, for the most part.
Here’s the checklist:

Venue – check
DJ – check
Lighting vendor – check
Photographer – check
Videographer(who will do our memory video as well) - check
Cake – check
Florist – check (My Mom is back in town this weekend and we’re sitting down with the 2 fabulous gay guys to ‘design’ my look. Yes, I know what I want!)
Officiate – check
Dress, shoes, and jewelry – check
Colors chosen – check
Maid of Honor dress – check(well, I guess – I sent her a fabric swatch and she’s picking out whatever dress she wants but in that color)
Monogrammed napkins – check
Gift bags for out-of-towners –check (well the items I want to include in them. Of course, it’s too early to put them together)
Save-the Dates sent out – check
Wedding website – check(I beefed it up too!) www.mywedding.com/deannaandbrad
Registries - check

And the drum roll please!

Party Favors – check
Thanks to Coco’s suggestion I decided on Krispy Kreme doughnuts! I called the headquarters – which is based here in NC and they said they have a 2 doughnut box for $2! Brad isn’t totally crazy about the idea but I know our guests will love them and eat them! Plus, since so many of our guests are not from NC – they’ll get a taste of NC!
Cool or what? check them out below! This will avoid the wrapping of the do, etc!

What’s left?
Ceremony musicians(trying to find graduate students to be cheaper)
Invitations
Calligraphy - still deciding on what to do?
Wedding bands ordered
Rehearsal Dinner location
After rehearsal dinner party location
Gloves and headpiece
And lose 10-pounds
by the beginning of November so I can take my bridal portraits early before it gets cold!

Then there’s my bachelorette party! I’m doing it early and I’ll post about it later!
Happy Humpday!

9 comments:

If the shoe FITZ said...

Rockstar! You make it sound so easy. I bet it was nice to list all this out and be able to say CHECK!!!

You have nothing to be worried about! ;)

teresa-bug said...

Geesh! You have been a busy bride-to-be!

starnes family said...

Looking good, Dee. It's all on track - ahead of schedule - and now you can relax!

LOVE the donut idea.....cute and fun and they will be devowered!

Coco said...

I am so glad you liked that idea! It is going to be so cute.

You are sooooo on the ball!!

What are your colors? Did I miss that?

donatelli98 said...

Krispy Kremes are the best - awesome idea from Coco! Good Choice. What are your colors?

Dee Stephens said...

My colors are candy pink and red!

Unknown said...

Donuts will rock!

The Lenzers said...

Now just make sure Brad is as on top of the honey moon planning! You are awesome!!!BTW...had to get some donut holes the other day from all of your talk about them....thanks! No wonder I gained 6 pounds this month-whoops!

So tired of all theTK stuff on TV too. Luckily I don't get to watch adult television that often.

SASS said...

Way to one up me on the wedding plans. Jeez.
Kidding! Love this! Donuts are going to be a hit fo sho. I'm having favor issues....should I give everyone a sunflower? What does KC have? I need to look into it!