Sunday, August 23, 2009

Fleur De Lis in da House..

So, a few posts ago I told you how much I like fleur de lis and have tons of them in my house.

So... are you ready? Here we go...

crystal bowl my Mom gave to me. See the fleur de lis on the rim? Don't judge me for my Ann Coulter book--interesting reading..

This is my FAV! A watercolor painting done by a Louisiana artist. A crawfish in the shape of a fleur de lis. In case you don't know - crawfish is a Louisiana staple! All the money made off this print was donated to Katrina relief.

My sorority sister and b/f/f Jodee gave me a set of these dish towels one Christmas. They are Jon Margeaux as well. Love them!

Another..my friend Jodee gave me that book underneath as well.

Found this treasure on one of my trips to Baton Rouge...That picture is from the LSU vs. Arkansas game. Me, my Mom and Dad and my nephew who just recently turned 19!!

In my bathroom.. don't think I'm weird. I like pix in the bathroom though :)

In my office. I found this canister at Tuesday Morning. One of my fav stores!

3 comments:

Coco said...

I am guessing your were a Kappa? Love fleur de lis but being a Chi-O it would kind of look like I was a Kappa wanna be if I collected. Yes, I have been out of college for 13 years but still think of stuff like this!!

That crawfish in the shape of one is darling.

And I too have pics in all my bathrooms. I have pics in EVERY room in my house. I hate going into homes that only have formal studio pics. No fun at all.

starnes family said...

Not a Kappa, Coco! She was a DG with me! We were pledge sisters.

It's not a Kappa thing in Louisiana......it's a Louisiana thing. Very much.

Cute stuff, Dee!

If the shoe FITZ said...

I still think about that stuff too, Coco. And apparently so does my mom. I was a DZ and my mom informed me she found turtle stuff for the baby's room. Oh know...I don't want turtle crap.