Monday, May 5, 2014

VA Wedding and DG Mother Daughter Tea

We had a fun filled weekend that included a family wedding in Southwest Virginia and ended with a Mother/Daughter tea for my local sorority alumni group.
 
The weekend started on Friday.
After work we drove 2-hours north to the town of Pulaski, Virginia for Brad's cousin, Katie's wedding weekend.
 
There was a party after the rehearsal dinner at the country club the first night.
This is literally the only picture taken.
Brad didn't want me to bring my big camera so this is all I have.
Us and the bride.
The next day we tootled around town(this is the area where Brad's parents grew up and his grandparents resided when they were living), then we hopped on the bus to the wedding.
Gorgeous day for it.
Sunny, breezy and 70's.
From the church to the reception.
Nephew Reed rode the bus too.
I decided not to bring my big camera to the wedding either.
I just didn't feel like keeping up with it.
So, I-Phone pictures it is.
The reception was very rustic and situated on a farm.
The actual reception was in a barn.
Great time!
A rocking Motown sound band that truly rocked the casbah!
We are so happy for Tim and Katie.
College sweethearts from the University of TN.
On Sunday morning we got up and out of the hotel early and made our way back to Charlotte.
My parents stayed with Shelby over the weekend and it happened that my sorority alumni group was hosting their annual mother/daughter tea.
So, we got dolled up in our anchors.
So fun.
3 generations.
This is the first year my Mom has been able to make it.
 A variety of teas and lemonades were served.

It wasn't just daughters there.
Susan brought her 7-month old son Andy.
What a cutie.
What a lovely day to visit with old friends.

And make a few new ones.
Future Delta Gammas!!
A fun weekend indeed.
Now back to reality.
At least the weather forecast is looking good for this week!


6 comments:

Sarah O said...

How fun to have three generations together!

Allena said...

I love all your outfits! Is that first dress from Ann Taylor? I have 2 similar but they are pre-wedding and too small, ha! Shelby looks adorable at the DG tea! Love her outfit and glad she kept her bow on. :)

donna said...

You look amazing! Your outfits are perfect.

starnes family said...

ADORE your yellow dress. And, punkin Shelby!!!!! Totally a DG.

Christa said...

Lovely pictures even if you didn't have your big camera. Shelby is adorable. Thanks for sharing.

Ashley said...

when you posted that pic on fb of you In the yellow dress with Brad, I thought the shadow on your chest was a tissue! Lol, I was like, ok, I am a little surprised she stuffed a tissue in there.