Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011

After our Holiday Open House on the 23rd of December we all chose to have a more intimate, family gathering for Christmas Eve.
Brad and I, along with my parents headed out to BIL and SIL's house early in the evening for church.
Nephew Reed looked extra preppy for Christmas Eve service.
He had to bribed though.
He didn't want to wear the vest until I told him he could open a couple of gifts when we got home from church.
(Which was already the plan, he just didn't know it)
 In fact, the whole family looked smashing in their Christmas best!
The family, friendly service was lovely.
So, nice for all of us to be at church together.
My parents, my in-laws and BIL and SIL and niece and nephew.
After the service we went back to BIL and SIL's where I got a glimpse of the cookies the kids made for Santa.
Complete with frosting and sprinkles!
The kids couldn't wait to open their couple of gifts.
One gift a piece from me and Uncle Brad.
Christmas PJ's!
And, one gift a piece from my parents.
Books!
Reeders was thrilled with his Polar Express book!
Then, as always we took Christmas Eve pictures by the tree.
BIL and SIL's tree was so pretty.
I always love looking at ornaments people have on their trees.
Front and center is a 'Survivor' ornament.
Love it.
This was also a favorite.
Of course, there was a Spiderman ornament and gift wrap!
Nephew Reed is obsessed with Spidey!
We hung out and drank, ate and enjoyed family time.
Me and my MIL.
Then cousin Katie stopped by to say hello.
The kids were thrilled!
Then onto tracking Santa on the internet...
And, leaving snacks out for the reindeer.
And, Santa...
Topped off with a little quiet time with PaPa.
What a great Christmas Eve!

3 comments:

Sara said...

That last picture of the kiddos and grandpa is adorable! What a perfect Christmas Eve!

DSS said...

I'm so glad that you have a niece and nephew to celebrate Christmas with! Children really do keep the excitement of the holiday alive, don't they :) Well, that and NYC. There's always excitement there. hahahah...

donatelli98 said...

Love the pic with PaPa! So fun to have everyone together!