Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Pumpkin Dip

Remember all these little pumpkins I used for place card holders at Thanksgiving? Well, they're still good. I put them in a bag and placed them in the garage because it's cool down there.

I hate wasting stuff so I've been wondering what to do with them? Well, now I know!

A co-worker suggested roasting all the little pumpkins and freezing it for later and/or make her pumpkin dip!

She brought some to work yesterday and it was delish with fruit and gingersnaps! I know she won't mind me sharing her recipe so here it goes!
Pumpkin Dip
1 can(2 cups)pumpkin
1 8ox. pkg cream cheese(softened)
2 cups confectioners sugar
1tsp cinnamon
1/2tsp nutmeg
(other spices to taste if uncanned pumpkin such as pumpkin pie spice)
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend!
Wah-Lah!
Of course I won't be doing this until we get back from our trip because I couldn't imagine eating all that dip in two days!!

10 comments:

MCW said...

You are so thrifty :)
My aunt makes a pumpkin dip that we eat with gingersnaps. So good.

Summer Athena said...

Looks tasty! Is it sweet sweet????

Nikki said...

Pumpkin dip?! Genius. I don't know if they'll last all year so you'll have to do something. And I have no ideas for you... ;)

starnes family said...

I love it! Well done, Dee. Good recycling.

I Do Declare said...

That sound SO good!!!!

The Jones Family said...

You have been so crafty... love it!

Sara said...

My MIL made this dip for Thanksgiving and it was really good. Especially with the ginger snaps! I'd never had pumpkin dip before. Good thinking!!

The Southern Wife said...

Yum! Looks delicious.

Southern H and H said...

I have a pumpkin cheesecake ball recipe that is similar, however, you mix it together, roll in a ball and refridge until set. So good with graham cracker sticks.

Unknown said...

What a fantastic idea! You are much better than me, I would have tossed-err composted-those suckers!