Thursday, May 30, 2013

Someone Has a Tooth!!

Oh My Goodness!
I'm beside myself because Miss Shelby has her first tooth!!!
Yes, I'm the crazy Mom who took a picture too!!!
I knew she was teething but actually discovered the tooth over the weekend.
Since announcing the big news people have been asking if she's been fussy.
Well, not really.
(knock on wood)
She's actually been happier than ever, so maybe we're just lucky??
Girlfriend has been hanging out with Sophie the giraffe teething toy for weeks and I've even given her the teething rings.
She likes both.
BUT...
A co-worker of mine told me she use to cut up different colors of peppers into strips and freeze and give to her girls when they were little.
She said they would gnaw and suck and now as middle school students they LOVE them.
So, I gave it a shot.
Well, Shelby loves them!
I'm going to keep giving them to her and over and over.
I feel it's a good way to promote veggies.
Such an exciting time!!
I just hope her other teeth cut as well as this one!!

12 comments:

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Ive never thought of the pepper strips, what a great idea! I can't believe she got a tooth already.

Jordan Cole said...

HOW DOES SHE HAVE A TOOTH ALREADY???? Wasn't she just born last month? ;)

I Do Declare said...

Did you read in UK Daily this week about the newborn born with 2 teeth? Crazy! Next to that baby, though, Shelbs is obviously the diva of the dentures.

Deviled Megs said...

She is just too cute, I can hardly stand it!

Nicole {Appalachian Charm} said...

She is such a little doll! Yay for her first tooth!!

Allena said...

Trent was never bad with teething, so I have my fingers crossed for Drew. Trent cut his first tooth at 4 1/2 months too which I was not prepared for. Drew still is w/o so we'll see when her first one pops through!

donatelli98 said...

She is growing way too fast!! Hope she has an easy teething experience. We also did the frozen mini bagels ... My neighbor had done it with her triplets.

Sara said...

What a great idea!!! I wish I would've known about that when JR was teething because he is my non-veggie eater and it makes me crazy.

Sweet Shelby is growing up so quickly. Cutie pie!

starnes family said...

Peppers are an awesome idea. Love!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Shelby has a tooth already! It feels like I just read the post announcing her birth last month. I'm sure your happy that she isn't fussy with her teeth coming in. Hope it stays that way for you :) And great idea about the peppers!

Courtney B said...

So lucky!! I hope Mia handles teething this well!
Love the pepper strips idea! I'll use that on Mia!

Leigh Powell Hines said...

Oh, that last photo is so cute.