Thursday, March 1, 2012

Places I Want to Visit

A month or so ago, my new blogger buddy LSU Megan did a post outlining the top places in the US that she wanted to visit.
I loved it and have been wanting to do a similar post of my own, so here it goes!

First off - again, this is just US places.
As, Megan mentioned, if we got into world-wide it would take up 5 or 6 posts.
I'll begin with saying that I have visited most every major US city that I care to see.
That being, NYC, Seattle, SF, SD, LA, Chicago, ATL, Miami, Denver, I've been to Key West, Charleston, DC and the list goes on.
Sooo..
Saying that.. my top 3 places to visit are more remote and it won't surprise many of you that they are National Parks!

#1. Yellowstone National Park and Jackson Hole, Wyoming
I've talked about going here for years.
Brad and I even talked about doing our honeymoon to the area but we decided we would wait until we could do a long road trip.
The perfect time would be Summer.
Have any of you been here? I want tips if so!
 via
When I lived in Reno I use to hear people talk and rave about this area.
They say it's one of the most beautiful places in the United States.
It, of course, is not an easy place to get to.
You have to fly and drive and drive.
This too would be a long road trip.
I would love to visit during hiking season, which is Summer as well.
Maybe one day.....
#3. Denali National Park in Alaska
Last but not least I would love to visit Denali.
Really, I would love to do anything in Alaska to be honest.
One of those cruises out of Seattle would be awesome.
I again hear that this too is one of the most beautiful places in the United States.
Believe it or not.. I would even like to go and find that Magic Bus from the movie Into the Wild.
There's a guy I know from college who has hiked up to it.
Very cool.
So, there you have it!
Nothing too sexy or exciting, but honest!
Have any of you visited these 3 places?
What's top on your list to visit here in the US?
Tomorrow I'll be sharing my favorite US cities that I've visited!

12 comments:

reporterturnedmommy.com said...

awesome picks! Mine are...California wine country (which hopefully we will do with you in Oct!) Hawaii, Austria (because I'm obsessed with the sound of music) and Ireland (to trace our family roots!) Also, Dean just reminded me...the Greek Isles!

Annie said...

Very cool choices! You are adventerous!

We want to do San Fran together (both been individually), Miami (just to see it), Vancouver is up there although not in the US haha.

Megan said...

Love it! I went to Yellowstone last year and it was so pretty! I really wanted to try to do Glacier on the same trip, but there just wasn't enough time. I have family that live in Montana so maybe next trip!

teresa-bug said...

I really want to go to Banff. But right now, I would take Holden Beach, I just need a vacation!

donatelli98 said...

Awesome choices - not sure where I would pick, but I still have some major cities on my list that I want to visit - namely DC.

Leigh Powell Hines said...

I've never been to the national parks, but they are gorgeous. They would make wonderful trips.

I Do Declare said...

Napa is tops on my list!

Hopsy said...

I have been to one and two but I think I need to go back as I was so young when we went. I was also very disappointed in Old Faithful. I thought it was going to be so much bigger!

Impulsive Addict said...

WAIT. I didn't see the city of Tulsa on your list. COME ON! It's a great city! Ok, sure it's small and full of meth labs and murderers but so are all the other cities that are way bigger than Tulsa! ;-)

Ashley said...

I havent been to them :(

Nikki said...

I've been to yellowstone...but not since 1987 ;)

Wiz said...

I havent been to any but I have been to Anchorage and you could see Denali National Park (or Mt McKinley) and it looked so close but I hear is about a six hour drive. Alaska was absolutely beautiful! I would like to take an Alaskan cruise sometime.