Friday, February 24, 2012

Happy 3rd Birthday Blog!

Tomorrow marks 3-years that this blog has been in existance!
And, WOW! What a 3-years it has been!
Who would have thought over that time period that I would have made so many friends through this site?
Some of them that are IRL friends now!
Like several of these ladies I met for brunch last March.
 And, shortly after that..many of us met again for dinner with our spouses.
And, in July, while on a trip to Dallas, I finally got the chance to meet some of the very first readers of this blog.
Amazing again!
 Many of my non-blogger friends have just started to realize how real this blog world is.
And, the bonds that are made.
I mean, who would have thought I would take an entire weekend trip with someone I had only met in person once?
And, now I consider one of my VERY good friends!
Emailing, talking on the phone and even meeting up with our husbands!
As I mentioned here last year..
This blog is truly one of the best things I ever decided to start.
Not only the friends but the online journal I have.
Brad and I had been dating 6-months when I posted my first entry.
I have our engagement story, wedding and our first 2-years of marriage all captured right here with pictures and stories!
How do you feel about blogging?
What have you gained from it?
Happy Birthday Blog!

11 comments:

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

Happy Birthday Dee's Adventures! xx

I Do Declare said...

Happy Bloggy B'day! And, I'm all out of Williamsburg wine, so we need to go back...and this time get a reservation at A Chef's Kitchen!

I'maNolaGirl said...

Happy Birthday!!! I can't believe it's been three years already! I love the friendships I have made through blogging. What I love most though is that it records an "oral" history of my life. I can read back through my posts and remember just how I was feeling on any given day.

I love that you have your whole relationship documented!!!

Annie said...

Ahhhhh so exciting! Happy, Happy Anniversary!

Ashley said...

I love the blogging world! Happy Birthday to your blog!

LuLu said...

Love it. I hope I make some blog friends too. Introduce me to yours!

Leigh Powell Hines said...

Happy Birthday. I didn't know it had been three years, and I basically glanced through six months of your first year posts. I saw your engagement, etc. What wonderful memories. I agree.

starnes family said...

I'm going on 6 years......and don't regret a thing about it. It's hard work sometimes and feels like a job often, but I know I'll be thrilled one day to see it all written out.

I'm envious of you and when you started........I didn't until we moved to Denver and Carter was 5 and Jack, 5 months. Lots missing.

Love you, Dee! Here's to many more years!

The Lenzers said...

YAY! happy blog birthday! I love your blog and am so glad we "met". I love journaling on mine as well. I am mad at myself for slacking lately

Tricia said...

Happy Birthday!! Mine has been just over 2 years, and it is crazy to think about everything I have posted. I want to put my pages into a book. Have you seen this before? A few blogs have done this. Keep up the blog...I love it! I can't seem to find many bloggers around MD, but I bet it's so fun to meet and catch up in person. Again, Happy Birthday!! :)

Wiz said...

I waited and waited about started a blog. I dont know why I was so afraid! I am SO glad I did now. ITs great to be able to look back. Happy third year!