Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What Dee Has Learned

It's only Wednesday but it has been a doozy of a week. Actually, there's been a lot going on and I thought I would take time to share what I've learned in the past week or so.

#1. It SUCKS owning 2 homes - one of which you're renting(aka - landlord). The A/C went out at our house Sunday -- but luckily it only cost a couple of hundred bucks to fix.

The A/C unit at my former casa that we're renting out? Try over $1500. NICE? NOT!

It is what it is... It's only a few years old which pisses me off. The only thing I can look forward to is the write off's we'll have next tax season.

#2. Organ Donation is AWESOME and makes families who lose loved ones feel better. Last week one of my close friends lost her teenage niece and nephew in a tragic car accident. They were 2 out of 4 children in that family - which made my heart break for their Mother and Step-Father.

They made the decision to donate the children's organs though and guess what? Six people will live because of it!! SIX..YES SIX LIVES!

I admire them and continue to pray for the entire family during the difficult time.

#3. Hubs started his work golf league and he's happy so I'm happy.
He really enjoys it and that's what I like. Every Tuesday night - 9 holes.. and maybe 9 beers? LOL! not him but many others!

#4. I want to go strawberry picking! We went to the Farmer's Market over the weekend and you could tell it's strawberry season! Love it!! I told Brad that I would love to take Reed and Paige (niece and nephew)out to pick strawberries. Maybe I'm a nerd but I love that sort of stuff!
He told me to get the SIL to go. He would hang with his bro Jeff.

#5. I want a California King Size Bed! We have king size right now but the hubs still likes to get his 'stretch-out' ON. Don't get me wrong - I like to snuggle but I get HOT and I like my space. Maybe a bigger bed is the key??
Happy CINCO DE MAYO!

11 comments:

starnes family said...

Yay for organ donation! My sister is in need......and I was a donor before......everyone should be. Happy to hear something so good came out of a tragedy.

{Kimber} said...

That's great about the organ donation.

I want to take the girls strawberry picking too {guess we are both nerds!}

I just started playing golf and I AM HOOKED!! SO much fun! u should try it

The Jones Family said...

Wow, very neat for the 6 people. Very sad for that poor family.

I got hot too at night so I like my side of the bed when it's time to sleep!

Those strawberries look delish'!

Unknown said...

Hey I'm down. The kids would love picking strawberries!

If the shoe FITZ said...

yeah..we will snuggle and then i'll be like uh get off me...it's hot! ha!

there is a place near our house to pick vegs and fruit...strawberries were popular...saw a sign that said they were out until next batch!

Sara said...

Sorry about the A/C unit. That is no bueno.

I can't tell you how many times I've told Trey to make sure my organs are donated. Except maybe my liver? :) Such a great gift to give!! Very happy to hear about the 6 people who will benefit from your friends wonderful decision.

Trey and golf is a 3 to 4x a week "hobby". He's obsessed.

Mrs. Potts said...

We had to get a new AC unit recently too. Thank goodness for tax deductions. We knew ours was coming due, though, so we could time it before it got uber hot.

FROGGITY! said...

i agree on the organ donation. it touches my heart... it's really one of the best gifts you can give.

i LOVE strawberries!!!!

The Soladay Family said...

Agree on all your points....especially organ donating.

I feel your pain with the rent house. We have one, but thankfully the renters will be purchasing it in November!

SASS said...

Wow, what a story. Everyone should be a donor.
I've always wanted to go strawberry picking! I'll have to research to see if there's anywhere around here. Both girls love strawberries! What a fun summer activity :)

teresa-bug said...

I am going strawberry picking this year!!! There is a place in Ballantyne. Mmmmm.
When I renewed my license I checked the organ donor box. I was past time.