Thursday, May 6, 2010

Leftovers


I can be random on here. I guess everything is an 'adventure' to me. Isn't life an adventure?

Today's topic: Leftovers

Why? Because I just ate some for lunch and in fact - eat them nearly every day for lunch.

I personally LIKE leftovers. Always have and Brad luckily likes them too.

I know Fitz likes them because she has inspired me in the past to make tons of one dish and portion it out for the freezer and a day where cooking isn't in the schedule. She has some good recipes ladies!

BUT.. I also know there are people that REFUSE to eat leftovers. Even if it was the last thing left on earth.

Not to offend anyone - but I can see if you're tired of it or didn't like it - but just to refuse to eat them... is.... a bit arrogant.
Sorry, that's my opinion.

My favorite leftover? Casseroles..
What are your feelings on leftovers? Hate them, like them, could care less? lol!
Happy Thursday

10 comments:

starnes family said...

I totally agree, but do know several people like this. They're missing out! Often food tastes better after seasonings mingle even more. And, they're saving mega-money.

I purposely cook so that we have left overs and Blake often takes them to work. I would, too, if I worked outside of the home.

I'm all about the casseroles and stuff like that.

If the shoe FITZ said...

thanks!
love me some leftovers...about to eat some from last night!
casseroles/one dishes are the best and easiest in my opinion. But spaghetti is too!

i don't do leftover fish though...eww fish in the microwave...gross!

that is so weird how my post posted early....i just posted the story abou the snake and then had a video on the babe....totally two different subjects!

Dee Stephens said...

Fitz.. no leftover fish for me either.
Can't do it..

Sara said...

I used to be one of those people that hated leftovers. I don't mind them now and like y'all...I try to cook so that we DO have leftovers to eat for lunch the next day.
I'm still kind of weird about leftover meats though. Definitely NO FISH.

My mom's absolute favorite leftover? Meatloaf. So she can make a meatloaf sandwich the next day. ha!

The Jones Family said...

I am not a leftover fan at.all! I will eat a casserole or brisket but that's about it. My husband is the same way and worse, won't touch any of it!

The Soladay Family said...

Much love here for leftovers. Silly not to be! Casey, you're exactly right....SAVING money. Novel concept!

FROGGITY! said...

lol! i like my leftovers. i don't like my old school's leftovers (as evidenced from my post the other day). sometimes there's nothing better than 2 or 3 day old spaghetti, etc. it just seems to get better with time! :)

teresa-bug said...

If I didn't eat leftovers, I would waste a lot of food. I do try to make a lunch meal and a dinner meal so I am not eating the SAME leftovers each meal. Then if I get tired of it, I freeze it for another day.

Mrs. Potts said...

I love leftovers! I think that certain things get better the next day - casseroles & pasta dishes, especially.

Mr. Potts likes them too.

I sometimes will re-purpose leftovers & throw them into a salad.

Kelly Beatty said...

Yay! So happy I can leave comments. I love leftovers! Brian and I fight over them, a lot. I can count on any leftover being eaten before I get home from work. It's a free for all in our house.

On a side note, I either bring leftovers or those fabulous salads that have everything in a tray on top of them to lunch (in my Vera Bradley lunch pail) I'm always on a budget and always bring my lunch.

Have a fabulous visit in Atlanta.