Friday, May 28, 2010

A Constant Battle

Happy Friday and Happy Memorial Day weekend! Take time to remember those defending us overseas and here in the states and of course their families!

Today's post. The constant battle with weight. I think most normal people have to be mindful what they eat in order to keep the pounds down. I'm a total believer a lot of that has to do with what is in food these days.

Anyway - I know I've mentioned over the past week about 'fatness' and 'pounds'.

First things first. I know I'm not obese, I know I'm no 'overweight'. BUT my thing is...I know I have to stay on top of it otherwise the pounds creep up VERY fast! Which in turn would have me buying new clothes and that's just not an option.

Throughout the years my weight has waivered. In high school I was average, but then went to skinny during pageant days. Then to be honest in college -- I didn't watch it as much. I ate cheese fries, drank beer, ate Taco Bell at 2am. I was a size 8 sometimes in college but more of a size 10.

Then I took an overnight job in the TV biz in Reno and the weight piled on!
Check out this picture. I think I was a solid size 12.

A year or so later I got transferred to Vegas and I knew it was time to get serious. I mean, you can't live in a city like Vegas with a bunch of hoochie mamas running around and be a size 12!

So, I dropped 30 or so pounds to a size 2. Check out this picture. I admit I was a little obsessed during this time. I did Bikram's yoga 5 times a week and hit the gym for cardio 5 times a week. I watched every morsel that went into my mouth.

And.. now..
I'm not a size 2 anymore. Would kinda like to be but I've decided that having a life and being more 'normal' about it all is healthier and better.

I decided to share this because I think a lot of you can relate. I also shared this because I want you all to know when I mention 'fatness' that it's just because I have to watch every 5pounds otherwise it ends up being 20.
Understand?!
Happy Day blogging peeps!

17 comments:

Allyson and Dave said...

I totally undestand. I am in my "skinny" phase. I work out 6-7 days a week. I love working out. It is my way of releasing stress. But I can't help but wonder what is going to happen to me when I don't have the time to work out everyday because I have kids. Only time will tell...but I okay with whatever happens because kids are totally worth it!!

Coco said...

I think you look best the way you are now.

I like to stay under 135. That is were I am a size 4/6. But I don't have to be a freakshow. So I totally understand what you are saying.

I like my food, I like my wine. But I like to be comfortable.

You were way too skinny at a 2!

Sara said...

You look great right now. Seriously! But, it's all about how YOU feel.

This is something I'm really struggling with right now and it's frustrating me to no end. Not necessarily my weight, but making time to work out. I haven't worked out in 6 weeks now!!

donatelli98 said...

Preaching to the choir sister! Seriously I am right there with you - 5 turns into 10 and then all hell breaks loose! I think you look fab but agree with Sara - it's how you feel! I want to feel good and not have to watch everything I put in my mouth either! Like Coco I like my food and wine (probably too much so)!

Mrs. Potts said...

I "get" you & am right there with you. My weight crept up & I can't say I was surprised, but it took a lot to get me started with the changes.

I'm down about 20lbs & would like to lose a little more.

But the best part is that my clothes fit again. Kind of like finding a new closet in your home already filled with clothes. Heaven, I tell you!

And every once in a while I indulge. Like last night at Mac's...nom, nom!!

The Soladay Family said...

I agree with all the fab ladies before me. You look great right where you are, and from what I can tell, you have great ta tas. Was that too personal?

The Jones Family said...

You look wonderful! Happy and Healthy and just right...

I have that extra 5 pounds that makes me and/or breaks me. Since having my 2nd child I've realized I'm not that small anymore and it's OKAY! I'm comfortable and HAPPY either way. I like working out and have to manage those 5 or I'll start to go the wrong direction... into a not so comfortable zone!

Have a great weekend!

SASS said...

You said it. I'm not a huge fan of working out- but it's the only way to eat what I want and stay SANE!
Honestly, you look the best now, I think. And yep, great boobs. Bitch.

Cheeseboy said...

Never thought about being overweight in Vegas. Note to self: Do not move to Vegas.

If the shoe FITZ said...

Working through that now too. I am back to my weight before Liam as born...but the fat must have just moved around...can totally feel it in my arms and tummy...
haven't had the chance to work out too much..trying to though...b/c otherwise..i need to cancel the gym membership and put that money towards the booze! ;)

Yellow Beads said...

I can totally relate. During my pageant years, I was walking all the time (cardio). I remember in college freaking out that I was up to 130, ha! Today, 130 is good!!! I am a size 8 now, but like to be a 6, so joined the gym recently. I bet we were in some of the same pageants back in the day!!!

Anonymous said...

You know how many struggles I've had with weight! I only have 2 more pounds to go to reach my goal and then the scary part is maintaining it. I know how to get fat, I know how to lose weight, maintaining it is where I struggle. I have started exercising less and letting some "bad" foods into my diet and I seem to be doing good for the moment. I really just want to tone up my tummy now. So I have to brag for a minute my total weightloss is 55 pounds and I've gone from a size 16 to a size 1/2, yeah me :) I know you can do anything you set your mind to! Cutting out the extra carbs has really helped me. Megan

MCW said...

I am the exact same way!!! It creeps up, and then I lose it and then I gain it back and kick myself for having to do it all over again!!!

Carol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol said...

Dee,
I am so with you on this and it kind of frustrates me that people balk when I tell them I watch what I eat...and the reason I'm not bigger is because I do try to watch what I eat. I'm by no means the size I was in high school and college and I have to stay on top of things to not gain 10 pounds every year. I'm a lifteime Weight Watcher and it has really worked for me. I think so many people assume jsut because I'm not a size 12 I don't have to work at it. Thanks for sharing!

Kelly Beatty said...

I think you're right...everybody can relate. I am short (petite) and those pounds creep up fast! It IS a constant battle. Love this post.

Oh and my weight is CRAZY. One week I will be 120; the next week 128 and putting on my "fat" jeans. Please remember, I'm only 5'2.

Have great weekend and thanks for all your "shout outs" to our Veterans!

Monica said...

I know what you mean! I need to get back to the gym. I feel guilty that I haven't been since BEFORE the wedding, which was 3 weeks ago. 5 becomes 10, 10 becomes 15, and so on. I want to stay at my wedding weight and wouldn't mind losing another 5-10 lbs at that.