Monday, May 3, 2010

LSU Crawfish Boil

Happy Monday! NOT...Monday for US has been air conditioner problems at both of our houses. Yes, 'our' house and my old condo that we rent. Boohoo..arghh....It was hotter than h--ll here this weekend so I guess that's the reason. Wish us luck.

Moving on to the weekend.
It was time for our annual LSU Alumni Charlotte crawfish boil. It's always great fun and a big turnout. Everyone is welcome to bring friends.

Here's a recap of the fun day.
Mudbugs...ready to be boiled. Yes, they are alive and kicking and screaming.

After - sorry for the blurry picture.

Ready to be eaten!

The first few years I lived here the group tried to do all the cooking themselves but quickly learned it was too much for over a 100 people. Now - we get Catering Cajun out of Atlanta to cook the feast.

Here's one of the guys. We had shrimp, jambalaya, sausage, corn, potatoes, and CRAWFISH!!

I really love this group! Brad does too. While there he said we should look into joining the Hokie alumni group here in Charlotte. I know for a fact that it's actually the LARGEST Hokie alumni group in the nation outside of Virginia.
Here's Natalie and I. Funny story about Natalie. I orginally met her through my Delta Gamma alumni group here in town.(Yes, I'm a weirdo and a part of a lot of groups. Overchiever?Maybe..haha!).
Anyway, she was a Dee Gee at LSU and her sister was actually in house when I was! Small world!

Time to peel!

This was Brad's first crawfish boil experience EVER! (remember he grew up outside of DC). He said it tasted like crab. Funny thing too.. he even ate the claws!

Aww.. love my hubby! We really had a good time.

Our table..

This is Elizabeth and her family - minus two other kids. She works at the Bank with me.

Her son Matthew and most of the other dozen kids decided they wanted to bring crawfish home as pets!

Then a distraction for the kiddos because the ICE CREAM man showed up! I thought this was hysterical. Smart business man.

Don't you love my super cute LSU koozie?? Perfect for the event.

Natalie and her little man Carter.

They had a raffle too. TONS of cool LSU gear - which we won none of :(

My friend Kellie and boyfriend and his son came to the boil with us. She's from upstate NY and had never even seen crawfish!

Ethan had never eaten crawfish either but seemed to like them!

And.. we made some new friends that we hope to be making plans with. This is Jason and his wife Jeanne. He's originally from BR and we know a lot of the same people from school. (BTW..those are raffle tickets on J's head..haha)

After the boil we caught up with some other friends. Yesterday me and my friend Dana went to the last day of the Quail Hollow Championship. Good times...
CIAO!!

10 comments:

Mrs. Potts said...

It looks like such a fun time! I used to love crawfish boils & miss that part of LA living!!

The Lenzers said...

looks like a blast. i used to eat crawfish back in my NOLA days, but dont think i could now. funny how that happens

{Kimber} said...

DUDE....WHY did you NOT invite me to this?! oh yeah...I don't live there :(

The Jones Family said...

Looks like fun!

Allyson and Dave said...

I wouldn't know what to do with a whole crawfish either. I have had them before but they are not whole. I don't know that I could handle that. It sure does look like a fun weekend!

The Soladay Family said...

How much fun! We were invited to a big crawfish boil this past weekend but weren't able to make it due to packing. Looks yummy!

Sara said...

Nomnomnomnomnom...Brad's plate looks so good!! You're making me hungry.

What a fun time!! Even if you are an overachiever. :)

If the shoe FITZ said...

Did you see Rory! We're big Irish golfer fans..duh!

never had crawfish...too messy..what a pain to eat and then get very little meat from it???

Anonymous said...

and because i am a day late & finally catching up on my blog reading...y'all are having sooo much fun as a married couple! btw: love the koozie!!!

Ashley said...

GEAUX to he** Tiger fans! Hotty Toddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL Love y'all tons