Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend Part I

Well, Memorial Day weekend isn't over yet but we're back in Charlotte and I'm back on my computer :)

Have you missed me? LOL..

We've spent the last 3 nights at Brad's parents lake house and had a blast. On Friday Brad and I went hiking at Hanging Rock State Park which is an hour north of his parents.

This was kind of a big deal kids! I've been there before but Brad and I have never hiked together before. I normally just go with my girls.

We did the Moore's Wall Loop trail - which is listed as strenous but I figured he goes to the gym and yes we were fine. It was 4.5miles and we got a great view on the top. Again, I've done this particular hike before but it was in Feb. and it was snowing when we got to the top!
This time was much different. Brad complained a bit because we saw 2 snakes but overall I think he had a fabulous time.

He called exercise with a reward at the end. I said "EXACTLY" :)

More pictures of my weekend later.. for now here's what you get!

So happy that Brad came with me :) The things that make a girl happy...

Having a snack atop Moore's Knob

The Rhodies were in full bloom!

3 comments:

starnes family said...

Looks like fun! Always worth the effort.....you just don't always know that until the end.

The Lenzers said...

The view must be worth it-WOW! But I would have turned around at the first snake!

Dee Stephens said...

Let me tell you what! He almost did! He was TOTALLy freaked out. We sprinted by after the snaked slithered to the other side of the trail. LOL!