Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ahh.. College Days -- Delta Gamma


OK – I’ve been out of college for over 10-years now but I still reminiscent of my days at LSU – Louisiana State University. I also think back of my fun days as a Delta Gamma—living in the house, going to exchanges, grubs and football games. (BTW--Love the pix up top!? HAHA)

Brad likes to make fun of me –saying that I still think I’m in college – especially since I’m involved with my Delta Gamma alumni group here in town.

Dee Gee will always be a big part of my life since a majority of my current close friends are all women I met during college. Everytime I've moved I joined the alumni group and made great friends outside of work.

AND -- For goodness sake – I wouldn’t have this blog if it hadn’t been for the inspiration I gained from Dee Gee sis from LSU Casey of Starnes Family!

Anyhoo – to get to the point – inspired by blogger – Kappa Prep of Monograms and Manicures – I’m doing a post about Dee Gee houses that I’ve been too.


Let’s begin with the chapter house I call home. LSU…check this beauty out. Perfectly situated on the LSU lakes, we had great balconies and great swings! What a great way to spend a fall afternoon!

University of Washington. I visited this house during my junior year of college. I met a girl online that was also doing an internship with MTV and when I visited family up there that fall decided to meet her.

The cool thing about this house was they had something called a 'porch'. All the pledges lived on the 3rd floor in one room with bunk beds.

At LSU you had to be 2nd year to live in the house.


UCLA --I spent a summer living in Los Angeles during my sophomore year of college with a friend from high school.

I never actually went in this house but took pictures of it and in front of it. UCLA campus was beautiful.

Well, that's it for now. A cheesy post for a Happy Tuesday!

7 comments:

Alayna said...

I always think, "what a cheesy post". Then I read it and think how much I enjoyed it... Maybe that's the reason we get along...both cheese balls. I remember the time a visited your house @ LSU. I was so amazed you had a balcony off your room. None of the sororities @ UA had those. I was very impressed.

kate said...

Hi Dee! I'm a Delta Gamma as well...live in Oklahoma, found your blog via a google alert. I too am involved in DG and wouldn't have it anyother way! I just served as a CAC for a new AR chapter and currently am working on a social handbook! Oh the fun!

ITB - kate

starnes family said...

Yay for DG'!!!!!!!

starnes family said...

PS - the LSU DG house is one of the most beautiful amongst DG's in the country, no doubt. Gorgeous.....classic......traditional.....loved it!

Allyson and Dave said...

I wish we had sorority houses in TN when I was in college. There was some crazy law at the time that said if more than 8 unrelated women live in a house that it is a whore house and that is illegal. That law is no longer. And now they have these big houses at some of the schools up there. I was a Kappa Delta and MTSU my first year and the transferred to UT my second year. Those were the good old days!

kate said...

Hi again! Actually the AR chapter is at University of AR at Fort Smith. We colonized in Feb 2007 and the chapter is doing good day-in and day-out! The chapter president just won Greek Woman of the Year...so proud!

Coco said...

It's crazy how different all of the houses look.