Sunday, May 11, 2014

My 2nd Mother's Day

 What a wonderful Mother's Day I had.
This year was different than any other year because honestly, it's the first year that I really felt like I deserved a nice Mother's Day.

I was a Mom last year, but parenting a 5-month old is MUCH different than being a Mother to a 17-month old.
At times it's challenging but nonetheless, VERY fun and rewarding.
This year we spent the day at home, just the 3 of us.
The first time in a very long time, but it was very special for me.

Brad went all out and did exactly what I requested and then some.

We started out with:
Early church.
Brunch at Tupelo Honey where I ate my favorite goat cheese grits.
Home for a nap.
Card and a bottle of my favorite wine.
A new flower pot for our front stoop from Lowe's.
Pool time.
Mexican food out.
Home for FaceTime with my Mom and my MIL.
It's now 7:30pm and I'm showered and in bed.
My heart is full and feel more loved than ever.
Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there.
Fur moms, moms to be and those longing to be a mom.
XOXO

7 comments:

Alayna said...

Happy mother's day! You deserve it all. We had a great day @ gena's. Momos loved her shutterfly book.

LuLu said...

Thank you for the fur mom shout out!

Fran @ Sassy Southern Bride said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. Happy (late) Mother's Day!!

MCW said...

Goat cheese grits. Yummmm!!!

MCW said...

And Happy Mother's Day!

Allena said...

Sounds like the perfect day!

Ashley said...

I took my mom, Gram and girls to Boston for Mom's day, so tomorrow is my make up day when I get to sleep in and relax while ANdrew takes ANika to get a hair trim and do some activity. I wonder how late I will be able to sleep in? 7:30!? lol.
Glad you had a nice Mother's day! you deserve it!