Monday, May 16, 2011

LSU Alumni Crawfish Boil!

It's time for my annual LSU Alumni Carolinas Crawfish Boil post!
This is one of the best events that the alumni group here in town does.
Really, in any town.
When I lived in VEGAS we looked forward to this every year.
For those of you from South Louisiana you don't need captions but for those of you who are not I'll give them to you.
Here the mudbugs are before being put into the boiler.
It's all about the prep.
Mushrooms, corn, onions, potatoes.
Pure yummy to my tummy.
They had a keg of ABITA Turbo Dog for everyone.
Fun raffle items - that I did not win ANY OF! boo!
Silent auction items that I didn't have the cash to bid on.
Our friends Josh and Katie came with us.  Josh is a HOG fan but is from Lower Arkansas(near the Louisiana border) and was stoked about eating crawfish.
Ready to eat!
Frank the tank.  Nice man.  He was so excited that we asked him to sit with us.  He's about to turn 80 and can still party with the best of them..
How was your weekend? Do you eat/like crawfish?
Back to reality here in Dee's World.
Yep, it's all about salad, water and exercise this week.
It's go time for summer time short and sundress season and I feel gross!

17 comments:

MCW said...

I think crawfish creep me out cause the eyes are still attached. Never had one. However, I do eat crabs with eyes still on! Hmmm.

Summer Athena said...

MCW does not know what she is missing.

you look so happy eating those crawdads. i think our alumni bash is in june!

The Jones Family said...

I've had crawfish once before but that was years ago and I was drinking. Think I would have to be drinking again to eat those suckers... ewwww!

Looks like a good time though!

starnes family said...

Yum, yum, yum!!!!!!

Looks like a ton of fun. We always prep with lemons and oranges. Blake came up with that somewhere. Delish!

Nikki said...

I have always wanted to try crawfish! Did you suck out the tail meat?

DSS said...

I have never eaten crawfish, but have always wanted to try them. Having roots in SC, I've seen people eat them lots of times. I am with MCW in that I think the eyes have warned me off in the past. However, now that I'm "experimenting" these days...I think it may be time to try them!

The Soladay Family said...

Yum!!!! You pepople know how to do it up right!

Unknown said...

omg HOW fun!

Allyson and Dave said...

Fun times!! Love me some crawfish.

Jo said...

Don't believe I've ever had them but it looks like a great time!

Jo

Unknown said...

Love crawfish! One of my hubby's coworkers is from louisiana and hosts a crawfish boil here in DC. I love my crawfish with Strawberr Harvest beer!

Girl in Carolina said...

Mudbugs!! We just had a crawfish festival here, but I didn't get the chance to go. :(

Girl in Carolina said...

PS How cute is that little old man???

love jenny xoxo said...

I can honestly say I have never had crawfish, I don't even think I've been around them. I can't do the boil something while it's alive, if they were alive... probably why I'm vegetarian, meat always makes me weird :)

Looks like you had fun!!

XOXO

Blairadise said...

My mouth is watering right now!! Looks delicious!

Sara said...

I would normally say how good that crawfish looks, but obviously crawfish is NOT one of my pregnancy cravings :)

Looks like a great time! Love that y'all invited the old guy to sit with you. :) So sweet. Great picture of you and Brad too!!

Anonymous said...

y.u.m.

the hubs and i love all things louisiana! not really sure why...we're not from there or anything, but went to new orleans for our one year anniversary and fell in love!