Saturday, May 14, 2011

Short Jaunt to Southern California

Have you missed me? I haven't been on blogger in nearly a week!
That's a long time for me!
So, I went to Southern California for work this week and after work each day I made time to see a few friends who live in the area and catch up.
I also made time to visit the Kardashian's store Dash that happened to be in walking distance of the bank building I worked at.

It's in a strip mall and one word sums it up.
EXPENSIVE!
Holy shiznat.
 A t-shirt that says Dash? Try $96.
Yes, I'm not kidding.
The cheapest thing in there was a candle in packaging that said Dash and they wanted $40 for it.
I thought about it but decided it would be dumb.
But.. even though I didn't buy anything I didn't mind asking the young girls in there to take my picture.
Cheesy..
But, I don't care.
I proceeded to go to the boutique next door and buy a dress.
You'll see it later in the post.
It was affordable.
 One of the first friends I met up while in the area was a friend I worked with at my TV station in Reno.
We ate at this little restaurant that a co-worker suggested.
 Gnocchi for me.  Yummy but rich.
 Here is Miss Christina.  Nice to catch up.  I had not seen her since our wedding.
 After I was done with work the next day I made plans to meet my friend who lives in San Diego halfway in Seal Beach(Orange County).
She was working so until she got there I shopped.

My first stop was this flag store.
 My MIL would have FREAKED OUT! As I've mentioned on here before she is obsessed with garden flags.
I couldn't pass up buying her one.
 I had never been to Seal Beach before and I must admit that I was/am impressed.  Cute town with tons of shops and restaurants.
 Then the next Christina arrived!
We shopped, ate dinner and talked..talked..talked.
So great to hear about the new man in her life and the vacation they just took together.
 BTW -- this is the dress I bought in that store next to Dash.  I bought the feather earrings too.  The owner told me they were all the rage out in Cali.  How could I leave town without a pair?
HAHA!
Here I am next to the 'seal' at Seal Beach.
 And.. now for my random pictures.
These were some of the biggest cupcakes I have seen in my life.  I think you could split it with 3 other people.
 I just love.loved this.
If we had a real house with a yard I would want this in my garden.
Reminds me of Buddy.
 I couldn't resist this picture either.
We don't even buy $2-buck-Chuck anymore because I think we drank too much of it for a while.
I had to get this photo to show Brad.
And that's it.
I flew home yesterday.
Word to the wise.
Flying out of LAX.  Arrive 2-hours before your flight.  I haven't flown in or out of there in years. We prefer Burbank.
But..OMG! The security lines are ridonkulous!
I made my flight but if I had been any later I would have been screwed.

I like Cali but it's nice to be home.  Flying in it was great to see all my green trees.  It was great to see Brad and the Budster too.
Next on the agenda? LSU Alumni Crawfish Boil today.
Get ready for some pictures of that next week.
Tootles!

11 comments:

The Lenzers said...

cute dress! can't believe you went to Dash. they sell some stuff on QVC but I wasn't that impressed with it, I'm sure it's a cheaper line. welcome home!

Allyson and Dave said...

I need some feather earrings!! That's officially on my list now. I want to go to Dash in NYC when we are there in a few weeks. Maybe I can convince Dave to buy me a $100 t-shirt. I'll let him choose between that and something from Harry Winston. I drove by the store in Miami when it first opened. It looked ghetto. But that is because someone had just vandalized it.

LSU Melanie said...

I soo would have asked those girls to take my pic as well..why not right:) Love your new dress!!! Looks like such a nice and relaxing weekend..gotta love catching up with old friends!!!

Ashley said...

LOVE the dress and feather earrings! and that Gnocchi looks DELISH! I like how you got a picture in DASH, and I am not surpirsed that a tshirt cost that much. I bet a lot of people do spend that much there just because it is on TV, etc.

starnes family said...

That orange dress is darling! Glad yall had fun. Wish I could have seen you! Next time for sure.

FROGGITY! said...

lol on the 2 buck chuck. i have only recently been introduced to mr. chuck. it WAS good! we don't have a trader joe's though.

i HEART your earrings and dress!!!! great choice!! i seriously thought about going to the miami dash last week. (i assume it's still open? they were advertising it still...) heard it was expensive.

glad you had a good time!

The Jones Family said...

LOVE your dress! SO not surprised at the pricing at Dash but I would have gone in to look too :)

Looks like it was a fun trip!

love jenny xoxo said...

Looks like so much fun!! And I love that dress!!! So cute!! Can you believe I've never tried 2 buck chuck?! The closest trader joes isn't that close and every time I'm there it's a Sunday, oddly enough. And in MN you can't buy booze from liquor stores on Sundays... not even wine :(

XOXO

Monica said...

Love the new cute dress! My grandparents used to live in Long Beach, CA when my Papa was working on the B-2 Bomber. We frequented Seal Beach when we visited them. Oh, and I think it's AWESOME that you had the girls take your picture in DASH.

Nikki said...

I was just about to you tell you your posts weren't showing up in my reader, but now I see. You were playing California barbie. Darling dress!

Sara said...

How fun!!! $96 for DASH t-shirt?? Um, no thank you.

Cute, cute dress! Glad you had a good trip!