Friday, May 6, 2011

What I'm Looking Forward To

TGIF! I’m feeling good peeps! Positive, relaxed and happy. That’s a good combo, don’t you think? Here are a few things I’m looking forward to in the next couple of weeks.


A Celebration of Life
Tomorrow night there will be a HUGE party to celebrate SIL, Robyn completing her chemo and being cancer free! As Vicki from the OC Housewives always says – ‘Can I get a WOOHOO?!’

The party is at their house and they’ve hired a DJ, bartender and moved furniture out of the house from what I hear. I loved how at the bottom of the invite it read Adults Only.

 Mother’s Day
I considered writing a post dedicated to my Mom today but then I remembered I did that last year. So click here to read how great she is. I made her a cute card through Tiny Prints with pictures of all of us.
Of course, MIL got a funny card. Those Stephens’ like funny ones.
Happy Mother’s Day to all!!

 Going back to Cali
I found out that I’m traveling to Los Angeles for work this next week. That means Brad and Buddy will get to ‘kick it’ at home by themselves without me always having something for them to do.

It also means that for dinner at night I will get a chance to catch up with some of my SOCAL peeps! I will get to see both of my Christina’s!

My friend Christina who lives right by where I’ll be working out there. Then on Thursday night I’m going to drive and meet my friend Christina from San Diego halfway(somewhere in Orange County)for dinner and catch up.

Can I get another WOOHOO??!!(BTW..This Christina from SD and I in Temecula 3 Mother's Day ago)

 Crawfish Boil
Last but not least. It’s time again for the annual LSU Carolinas Alumni Crawfish Boil! Brad had a great time last year and is stoked to be going again. Our friends Josh and Katie are coming with us this year. He’s a HOG fan but loves him some crawfish.
Laissez les bons temps rouler!!!

What are you looking forward to?

10 comments:

Monica said...

I'm looking forward to my 1 year anniversary this weekend!!

So happy for your SIL! CELEBRATE!

Unknown said...

What a fantastic weekend you have planned. I am hoping to get some sleep-ha!

Jenny DB said...

Oooh California. YES YOU CAN: Woohoo!!!

I have still yet to try crawfish. Need to get on that :-)

The Jones Family said...

Wow, so happy for your SIL as well! What an amazing celebration!

Looking forward to spending Mother's Day with my family!

Have a great weekend!

The Lenzers said...

wooohoooo!!!! so proud of your SIL!!!!

starnes family said...

Fun! I hope it works out to where I can see you, too. All going to depend on Blake and his schedule.

You have lots of fun ahead. I miss crawfish!

Jo said...

Yeah for your sister in law ~ enjoy the celebration! Sounds like you have some fun times planned.

Enjoy~
Jo

LSUgirl765 said...

Ya'll eat some crawfish for me!!! You and your Mom look so much alike, 2 classy ladies!

Dee said...

I'm so happy for your SIL and family! I'm looking forward to getting my car out of the shop lol, hopefully I'll have it back by Monday! Have a great weekend!

DSS said...

Well, I'm clearly a few days behind in blog land...but wowsers girlie! You do have some great stuff to look forward to :) I'm so happy to hear about your SIL finishing her chemo. I remember when she first got the diagnosis. What a terribly scary day.

Ha...isn't that weird? That I remember that. Amazing how much our blog friend's lives are truly a part of our own.