Thursday, May 26, 2011

Fascinating!!

Has anyone else heard the story of Huguette Clark?
A millionaire heiress who had not been seen in 22 years.
She died at 104-years old earlier this week.
My cousin sent me the links and I can't seem to get enough of this story.
This is the last known picture taken of her in 1931 - one year after her divorce.
She never had kids and she has no heirs but there is $500-million dollars left behind.
Click  here  for her obit and here for an awesome article that MSNBC'S Bill Dedman wrote. The photo above came from the MSNBC site too.

I'm not exaggerating.  You have to stop and read Bill's report.  Then read this article talking about her burial yesterday.

I think this should be a book then a movie but who knows if it ever will be? There's not a lot of information to date.
Please check it out and post your comments.  Again, I'm obsessed with this story now!

13 comments:

The Lenzers said...

I did not hear she died but NBC (I think) did a story a couple months ago about her....very interesting indeed

donatelli98 said...

Interesting - I read most of the article - very productive thing to do at work huh??

I Do Declare said...

I can't wait to talk about this and other headlines in 2 weeks!!!!

Nikki said...

Crazy. I had never heard anything about her. So sad everyone is going to fight over this money.

Jo said...

How sad to live such a long life alone. I have a feeling there is more to this story ... I'm hooked!

Jo

Somehow I've missed your last few postings ~ fun times on the boat ~ you look great!

starnes family said...

I did read about it and think she's fascinating. I want to know more!

Jessi said...

now I'm hooked...very interesting story.

Unknown said...

i did hear about this - but i thought she died awhile ago - maybe someone else - but same type of story!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
*kiss kiss*
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

nomo wino daph said...

Well, my goodness. Somehow I have missed all this. Never heard of her before. I am off to explore-

I hope you have a fab weekend:)

The Jones Family said...

I did hear about her as well. Wow!

Ashley said...

WHAT?? And her acountant as a con and a sex offender? This is so sad. So, why were her relatives not allowed to see her? I mean, I would fight to see her if she was my family- I dont get it.

bmrich said...

We hestd about her two weeks ago on our central park tour.

Lyns said...

I love it that you posted on this...and love it even more that you sent me the links. I am fascinated too and hope Vanity Fair or some other long-form magazine does a big piece on it!