Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday Cooking

I'm a weirdo. I haven't gotten into a routine of planning out my meals for the week like I had planned but instead I have a different approach.

On Saturday Brad and I hit up the Farmer's Market and I pick up all sorts of in season produce to ensure we get our five for five.

Then -- we hit up Sam's and the grocery picking up staples and meat, etc.

From there? I sort of make up stuff. A meat, a salad, a veggie maybe a carb.

Tonight I knew that I had produce in the fridge that I needed to cook or it was going to go bad. Soo...I went to google and typed in chicken, mushroom(I had fresh ones that needed to be cooked ASAP), and broccoli casserole.

Yes, I can hear many of you now saying, "ICK casserole". Well, Brad LOVES them and so do I.
Back to my google adventure.
Here's what I found. Click here.

Good stuff kids and I have a found a new blog. Try it yourself.

Tons to tell you all about the weekend but I'll post pictures and give you the low down tomorrow. Get ready. It is good stuff.
Sunday Funday. Hope you all had a great weekend. MUAH!

4 comments:

Mrs. Potts said...

I would have been ok without the mushrooms! I'm making Coq Au Vin this week & Flank Steak with caramelized onions & peppers. Not sure of what else the week will hold, but I'm happy to be home & able to cook for us.

The Soladay Family said...

We are casserole lovers too here. Bring 'em on.

Going to checkout that blog...

The Lenzers said...

I have made this casserole, or at least one very similar. I love them.

DSS said...

I wish I had the discipline to plan ahead, but I shop in a similar way to you. The only problem is that now that I'm single I rarely cook at home! So, I have wonderful food going to waste :( Perhaps I need to start having people over more!