Wednesday, June 9, 2010

We're Back!!

Happy Honeymoon!! We're back. We arrived back in on the red-eye this morning at 6:15am(ET).
We both took the day off and slept till nearly 1pm. We're tired but had a fabulous time! I'm going to spare ya'll day by day details but I'll give you some highlights. Right now-- I'll show you our first(and rock star) night.

We got in around 7:15pm pacific time which was 10:15pm our(East Coast)time(and after working most of the day).. We met up with our friends Beth and DJ and started with cocktails at this great spot!! Can you say margaritas with not much sour but lots of tequila?? YUM!!

Here we are enjoying our beverages! First picture on our trip!

After dinner and drinks we headed to what has been one of my favorite spots in the city, The Balboa Cafe.
This place has forever been a hot spot for young professionals in the city. I remember going there when I was 25! Of course, we met all kinds of fun people with DJ and Beth.

Afterwards? (which was probably 3am our time at this point)...We headed back to B and DJ's very cool casa and enjoyed red wine!

Uh.. what we're we thinking?? LOL!!

Their home sits in the Presidio Heights neighborhood and is just lovely. I took a few pictures mostly to show my Mom :) This is their dining room...

Something new that I had never seen before but that my Mom has mentioned. When you have a fabulous meal at an awesome/famous restaurant ask for the chef to sign the menu. Then you can use it as art in your kitchen and it's a memory. Cool or what?? I think I might try this.
One of these menus is from French Laundry in Napa. YUM!

And.. after getting a tour of their beautiful home, catching up and drinking more wine we finally went to bed around 2am(West Coast time).. WHEW!!

A fun, fun night! We were a little slow going the next day but we still rocked it out. More on our time in the city tomorrow. Going to catch a little SATC 2 with a friend tonight!
CIAO!!

8 comments:

donatelli98 said...

Looks like a great time! I love SFO!! Such a fun city!!

Allyson and Dave said...

Welcome back!!! Looks like a great time.

starnes family said...

Love the signed menus. Fab idea.

Glad yall had fun. Can't wait to hear more!

Sara said...

Welcome back! Please don't spare us the details. Would love to hear them and see pics :)

The Jones Family said...

I love that idea too! I've never purchased anything for the walls in our dinning room because I just never could find the "perfect" items... may be stealing that idea :)

Can't wait to hear and see more.

Welcome home!

Yellow Beads said...

awesome! I can't wait to hear more!

MCW said...

What a perfect way to start your trip!
Love the menu idea!

The Lenzers said...

I love SF! So glad yall enjoyed yourselves. what a great idea with the menus. and the seals on top of each other, they are either keeping warm or keeoing entertained!!