Thursday, June 10, 2010

Honeymoon in the City

So, as you who frequent the blog know we did 2 days in the city, 2 days at the beach and 2 days in wine country.

Here is a recap of our time in the city. Of course, we had both been to the city before(me multiple times since I lived out that way for a while).. but Brad had not been back since a child so we did some of the touristy things.

For instance...Fisherman's Wharf. As always, it was a little chilly in the city, hence why we have fleeces on.

There's always a few of these bums around that area..

And what would a trip to the Wharf be without seeing the sea lions!? They stink and I'm not sure why they all want to be on top of each other?

We actually did one of those Grayline tours around the city and got a glimpe of the 'painted ladies'. Remember them from the opening shot of Full House?

Brad got a bowl of clam chowder and felt like he got 'robbed' because it sucked.

A trip to Ghirardelli for me. Love this place..!

Afterwards we showered up and went to the Marina Yacht Club with Beth and DJ. This is the bridge behind us but it was so foggy our days in the city we really didn't see it. (BTW - my hair looks terrible here.)

After a few cocktails we headed to dinner at Joe DiMaggio's in North Beach. Yep, the baseball Joe.

All sorts of cool pictures of Joe and Marilyn Monroe. Here Bethie and I giving him some love.

Fabulous dinner with fabulous friends!

The next morning we woke up and headed out to Alcatraz.

Cool place. Never had been and enjoyed it very much. I tend to be a history buff.

It was much warmer out there than in the city.

We took it all in. The grounds, the birds, the cell house.

I have to say - if you've never been you should go. It's all very interesting.
Here's a picture of Brad being funny and sitting on the toilet in one of the cells. LOL

Overall, good times in the city. No, we didn't ride the cable car because there was a 2-hour wait and Brad wasn't having it. Also, we didn't have time. As far as a picture of us with the bridge? We didn't get a good one. It was clear on our way back on our last day there but they are doing construction on the road that goes up to the Golden Gate Recreational Center and we couldn't stop. BOOHOO!
Tomorrow...Honeymoon at the Beach!

9 comments:

donatelli98 said...

I love your line about Brad getting robbed on the sucky chowder! Mr. ESPN would have been on a mission to find some tasty chowder! My hair always looks horrible in SFO (except for my friend's wedding there when the hairstylist plastered my hair with hairspray)! You look great!

Little Match Girl said...

Looks like fun! Can't wait to see the next installment.

And your hair looked fab!

Sara said...

Love San Fran!! Alcatraz was sold out when we were there, but I definitely want to go back and see it. Love stuff like that.
Picture of Brad on the toilet is hilarious.

There's no line for the cable car at 1am. Speaking from experience.

So fun!!

MCW said...

I love how you all went to Alcatraz on your honeymoon! Haha...so perfect!

The Jones Family said...

I love it! I can't wait to go. Hubby and I want to go there soon. And we will for sure go to Alcatraz.

Can't wait to see more pictures!

SASS said...

SO FUN! I need to finish our last day of honeymoon pics...I suck! Love the painted ladies-Full House was my favorite. Also, that bum....I'm totally using the line, "need money for weed research." Absolutely brilliant. Most brilliant bum sign I've ever seen....
Keep em comin!

If the shoe FITZ said...

OMG! I have the same pics of Michael and I at Alcatraz...even the toilet picture. That was our first trip together...ten or so years ago!!!!

Coco said...

I would love to go to Alcatrez, I love that kind of stuff.

Hopefully, Adam and I will get to wine country sooner than later. Bryan and Sara are still rehashing the fun they had in wine country.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

And you hair is darling. Always is.

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

Dee,
The turquoise/baby blue is your color, you look fabulous always, but you beam in this blue. Looks like you and Brad are having so much fun, I'm jealous!