Friday, June 11, 2010

Honeymoon at the Beach!..and the woods..

Ready for picture overload? Today is our honeymoon days at the beach. Stinson Beach to be exact which is about 30-minutes from San Fran on the PCH-1(Pacific Coast Highway 1).

Crazy drive -- Highway One always seems to be that way. Curvy, foggy, scarey(esp. with all the bicycle freaks out there).

So we arrived there Friday evening and the weather was foggy and chilly.

First things first..head to the beach! Uh...way to cold to swim in unless you're in a wet suit. I actually had a couple ask me(after finding out we we're from NC), how our ocean was over here. I replied what do you mean? They said - 'I mean, can you actually swim in it?'..My response.. Well yes!!

After a stroll on the beach we headed back to the house. It's our friends Beth and DJ's beach house. We headed up to their rooftop deck to look out. See the fog behind me? In front is the ocean. The house was only one block from the water.

A few shots of the house. Cute place and great for entertaining!

It was actually 2-houses with a courtyard in between.

And.. the man grill. DJ's speciality. It's wood burning and Brad couldn't wait to cook on it!

We got our 'chill' on while at the beach. Listening to music, cocktails, sitting by a fire. It was nice after 2 nights out in the city. We planned our trip this way.

Then the next morning we headed to Muir Woods - which was about 15-minutes from the house.

Pretty!! Big Redwood trees! Neither of us had been here before. Super cool -- but having been to Sequoia National Park --it couldn't compare to the trees there.

Yes, we got our hike on and it was nice. It was very cool and moist in there so it wasn't too bad.

Then heading back to the house the weather had cleared and it was a beautiful drive. This made Brad super happy because the day before when it was foggy he was a very grumpy hubby.
We stopped for pictures!

Check out the campground below.

When we got back to the house we headed to the beach and it was PACKED!

More wine and food. I love pictures like this. Makes me happy since they're my 2 favorites. Wine and cheese!

And Brad got his grill on. Let me tell you - I think this was the highlight of the beach days for him.

And.. we ended our beach days with a trip up to a local bar and with a sunset.

That's all I have for today!

13 comments:

teresa-bug said...

Sounds perfect!

Mrs. Potts said...

It sounds so heavenly! I love your recaps - it has my mind set on Northern CA now.

The Jones Family said...

SO pretty! I want to go NOW.

donatelli98 said...

How awesome - cute beach house and a perfect way to spend your honeymoon! I love cheese too - and wine makes it even better!

Sara said...

Sounds like a perfect trip. Wine and cheese - my 2 favorite things too!

I can't believe you used the word 'moist'...ugh, hate that word!

Jen said...

You two are so adroable! And you both are glowing :-) Keep the pics coming! We like overload.

Coco said...

That picture of delish chilled white wine and the cheese made my mouth water at 9am!! Perfection.

Y'all had such a fun time!!! So exciting.

You need to blog a list of your favorite wines and how to pair them.

MCW said...

The house and grilling and the sunset is so perfect!

SASS said...

Love this! Hiking, grilling, beaching, wining, sunsetting.....honeymooning! The best!!! Keep the pics coming!

Anonymous said...

I love the grill, the cute little house and your blog! So Sweet. Thanks for letting me stop by =)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

finally catching up on y'all's honeymoon posts...how freakin' cute are y'all! looks like y'all had a great time!!!

Jordan Cole said...

Okay if this is what NoCal really looks like I need to go! SO GREEN! It looks like it merges my favorite parts of East and West Coast!