Monday, November 9, 2009

NC Wine Country - Bachelorette Weekend

WOW! I've been avoiding this post because of having to go through and sort all the pictures and upload them to blogger.. WHEW!

What a fabulous weekend despite all that is going on with our family. My Mom and the rest of the family are saying goodbye to Uncle Gary today. He was 71-years old.

As Brad said though -- Uncle Gary would have wanted me to have a good time this past weekend and not sit around and be bummed... and I did just that fo sho!!

Ready, Set, Go!
Below -- ready for mimosas and the gift bags. Thanks Alayna!!


Then - as everyone was arriving so did a big box from San Francisco! My friend Beth sent me a box just in time for the party. Inside? A Heavenly Hostess Apron and one of the biggest bottles of Vueve I've seen!

I had never even heard of these aprons before but WOW! How very cool! Mine was adorned with beading and everything! It matched the colors of the party too. Kinda wish I had worn it all day..

Then the limo bus arrived at the house and we were OFF to wine country. About an hour and 1/2 drive. Here I am with my friend and co-worker Karen.

Then, I moved over to catch up with Kelli and Ms. Becky(Brad's Mom). As I mentioned my Mom didn't make it in..

Then we arrive in wine country! Our first stop - Shelton Vineyards for lunch and a tasting. BTW - don't you love the sash? My friend Kathleen got it for me. I think she thought of my former pageant days!... As long as I wasn't wearing a tierra or veil I was good with it!

The crew...some of which flew in from CA, Ohio, and Arkansas..

Shelton Vineyards in Dobson, NC - click here to learn more.

The foliage on the way up was gorgeous!

We lunched in their Harvest Grille overlooking the vineyard and with a cozy fireplace. Have I told you how much I love fireplaces?? obsessed..

Then the shower/gift opening began...

A fun nightie! Can't wait to wear it! It was one of many I received!

This cute travel bag from Amanda..

With friends Kathleen and Christina. Thanks for traveling in just for me!

Bestie here in Charlotte. Dana...she had a prior engagement but still made it up for the lunch and tasting portion but we know what FUN(or trouble) she would have been on the bus! haha!

My two favorites. Wine... and cheese....

My future family or might I say -- the future Stephens ladies!

The tasting room.

Me and Kat..enough said..

Group shot at the tasting bar...

Another group shot..before we head to the next winery!

Kelli and Ion our way to Raffaldini!

Arriving at stop #2 - my friends Trish and Amanda..

Raffaldini Vineyards. Let me tell you what kidz.. I had never been here before BUT I will be back. What a LOVELY place! Click here for more...

Check out the view! Seriously.... What a place to just hang for the day. They have no restaurant but a deli. I'm going back VERY soon!

The tasting room. Ms. Becky was so fun! She really got into it too!

Beauty shot.. well, sorta. HAHA!

I bought a bottle here too.

Me and Karen on the patio/deck at Raffaldini.

Then.. after this we hit another winery. I talk about it tomorrow. Just too many pix today. The last winery involved shenanigans.. Maybe too much wine?
Then we went home where we proceeded to eat, drink a few more, dance and play with The Buddy..We went to bed early.

Kelli getting her Dance Party USA on! Needless to say - most of the chicas stayed the night.

Speaking of night - the quote of the night from my future sis-in-law Robyn. 'But I don't want to have any more fun!' -- me trying to get her to stay up later instead of going to bed. HAHA!
Thanks to all!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like y'all had a blast!! I love wine tastings!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and the sash is perfect!

starnes family said...

Looks like the perfect weekend!!!!!!! Happy for you, Dee.

donatelli98 said...

Glad it was so fun ... you deserved it! Nothing better than good friends, good food and good wine!!

Unknown said...

Hahahah I remember saying that...so tired. Was a blast though!!

SASS said...

Too fun!! I absolutely LOVE your earrings from the gift-opening pics. Where did you get them? I'm now craving wine and cheese. What a GREAT weekend!

Coco said...

What a fun weekend. And so YOU!

teresa-bug said...

So fun! I have never heard of that second winery...will have to check it out!

Sunshine In The City said...

This does look fabulous! Actually MCW and Summer from B is for Brown are planning my bachelorette party which is also on my birthday!

Jordan Cole said...

OMG what a fun trip and I LOVED the skirt! Yalls tour was definently more legit than ours, but they are such a BLAST! I am seriously going to have to check out some of these vineyards. I loved it!