Monday, November 2, 2009

Looking for Love?


Check these out! WOW!
As you know I've been cleaning, organizing, ridding of stuff in my merge with Brad. When it comes to books....I found this collection this weekend.

Couldn't pass up a post on this. As most of you know I'm 34-years old and have never been married...but....not because of a lack of trying...Right?

Geez...........check out these labels. I have to admit - I did not buy a one of these and 'NO' I'm not kidding.

Let's begin. 'The Rules' - Capturing the Heart of Mr. Right. My friend Dawn bought and mailed me this book a couple of years ago.

The jist of it? Play hard to get and the guys will come running after you!

'The List' - 7 ways to know if a guy is going to marry you. You'll know within a month it says. This book was also mailed to me by the author. I met her at one of my Mom's events.

The jist? If the guy really likes you he'll call within 24-hours to set up a date...yadi...yadi.. yadi..

Remember I worked in TV news for years and I got this book 'How to Marry the Man of Your Choice', when the author was on my show. I skimmed it -- it basically says -- get right with yourself and don't settle. NO shit sherlock!

This one I did read... 'Get Serious About Getting Married'
It was given to me by a friend who did get married after reading. I met the author when I did some sort of matchmaking deal here in town. Dumb... She actually signed my book...
The jist...look your best bitch! Lose weight, get manicures, spend money on clothes, etc.

So - what to do with these now? Give them away? Sure.. but to who?
I think I might try Ebay for the fun of it..

I know I don't need them now. I found my man! YAY!
BTW - wonder if there are books out there like this for guys? They can't be trying this hard could they?

5 comments:

donatelli98 said...

I don't even know where to start ... how crazy ... glad you found Brad .. personally I think I would burn them!

starnes family said...

Half Price Books! Sell them back and someone else will benefit from them. We love Half Price!

SASS said...

We love Half Price, too! I only buy new books if they just came out. Like Twilight.
So funny, I didn't know these books existed! Reminds me of Charlotte from SATC when she goes out with married couples in hopes to marry their friends. Glad they were all given to you-I know you're not that desperate! And, after all, you worked your tail off for ten years instead of looking for a man. THAT is hot.

The Lenzers said...

Of course guys don't have books like that because it is all up to them!! Glad your halloween weekend was good, loved B's shirt! And "Chubs" is not what I guessed! Hope you have a great week

SASS said...

I tagged you Dee!!
XO