Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I HEART Hats!

With the entrance of spring and summer I thought I would post about my obsession with hats! I like baseball caps as you know and winter hats are fun BUT big, floppy, fun hats for summertime are the BEST!

First off - not everyone has appreciated my love for hats. Many guys I dated in the past were embarassed when I would wear them. NOT Brad though! He likes them! My b/f/f, Rebekah still laughs and says.. 'you and those hats'. OH WELL!

I think my Mom has encouraged the hat wearing throughout the years because she is always buying them for me.

Here I am early on - Easter - age 4. I used to look forward to Easter because I got a new 'bonnet' (as my Maw Maw would say).

I debuted my newest hat this past weekend. You might have noticed it in yesterday's post.

And.. after that - this is the newest addition. My Mom bought this for me at Talbots at the end of the summer. I only got to wear it once or twice.

Excuse the messy closet but these are some of my hats. NOt all though!

My black one. This is at the Hearst Castle 10-years ago. I wear this hat sometimes but it's sorta outdated now.

Of course, the fancy hat for horse racing!

Summer time - beach/lake hat!

Hiking hat... I wear hats not just because I like the way they look but to keep my head from getting burned! Seems like my part is always getting scorched when I don't wear a hat. BTW - the hike on this day was 7/7/07 and it was 105-degrees! WTH was I thinking? Buddy about died when we got to the top!

You can't go wrong with a cowboy hat! I love wearing this one to hippie concerts!

This hat drives me nutz even though it's cute. It barely stays on my head. This is in Key West at Ernest Hemingway's house. Me with one of those cats.

Another fun beach hat! This is Sullivan's Island at my favorite restaurant Poe's!

Another fun lake hat.

Oh.. YOU CAN'T FORGET THIS GLAMOUR SHOT! HAHA!! How embarassing! Age 15 BTW

I even took a hat on our European vacay a few years ago!

What are your thoughts on spring/summer hats? Hate them? Love them? Okay with them? You have to check in tomorrow! BECAUSE.........WAIT FOR IT.............
I'm getting my hair cut off today!!! CIAO!

10 comments:

starnes family said...

Love that last pic of you. I am into hats as well. On my kids, too!

donatelli98 said...

Do baseball hats count when your hair looks like crap? That's the only kind I can pull off. You wear them well!

Coco said...

I love your hats!! I always have a ball cap on in the summer or a big floppy hat.

That Glamour shot is too funny. You are totally trying to be a sex pot!

SASS said...

I LOVE hats! And headbands....really any head accessory. Funny, you didn't wear a veil! I'm barely wearing one. Isn't that bizarre?
I love all those pics, Dee. You really do have a ton of hats! I like the one of you and The Buddy on 7/7/07. And the horse-racing pic!
YOU'RE GETTING YOUR HAIR CUT OFF!??! You're so brave! I can't wait to see. Take tons of pics!

teresa-bug said...

You look good in hats. My mom thanks I do too, but they make me feel self conscious. I think my hairdresser and I are breaking up today...where do you get yours cut?

{Kimber} said...

you look great in hats!! I think I like the cowboy one the best :)

The Jones Family said...

Okay, post pics pronto of the new hair cute! I saw that on FB too and am dying to see what you! I chopped mine off last summer and am now wishing it was long again; it's getting there but I go through phases too.

LOVE hats! All of them.

Mrs. Potts said...

I have a great big hat that I take out on Norman with me during Spring/Summer/Fall boating season.

And don't forget Derby hats!!

The Rand's said...

Love all your hats! You look good in them all!
I don't wear hats all that often, but occasionally will do a cowgirl hat or baseball caps.

The Lenzers said...

i look like crap in a hat and get the worst hat hair ever!! you, on the other hand, look great!! glad easter was good. your table looked beautiful!