Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend Wrapup

Easter weekend has come and gone! A fabulous time! Brad and I really enjoyed hosting and look forward to doing it again.

On our menu was:
Apps - bruschetta, meatballs, veggies and dip. Cocktails!

Dinner: Prime rib, parsley seasoned potatoes, parmesan encrusted asparagus, mac and cheese, salad, bread.

Dessert: Cake!

Here's the table. So fun to use the china!

Here are my hydrangeas. White, blue and pink. Just as I envisioned, I didn't want them too tall so people could see across the table.

Check out my placecards and little bunnies! I got the placecards from a Dee Gee sorority sister from LSU who makes fun stationary, place cards, etc. Check her out here.

Another shot of my table arrangements.

I had flowers in our kitchen too.. Farmer's Market! Love it!

Easter goodies for Paige and Reed.

Reed snacked on goldfish most of the day.


Paige is on the GO! these days! Very independent!

Gorgeous tulips from Jeff and Robyn! Thanks!

I'm keeping to my goal of cooking out of my cookbooks. This is the one I chose for this weekend.

I made a Spring Spritzer from the book. Sparkling water, white wine and a twist of lemon.

Buddy even got a special Easter dinner. Chicken! REAL chicken!

Brad's Prime Rib! Better than the last time! Yum!

My parsley new potatoes. GREAT recipe from that Tuxedo to Tailgates book too!

The family - minus me and Reed.

He watched YouTube during dinner.

Robyn's coconut cake for dessert! Just divine!

Then yesterday, actual Easter day, we went up to the lake since the weather has been so nice! Brad worked on getting 'our' jet ski ready for the spring/summer season.

Charging the jetski battery.

It's been in the 80's here in Charlotte! So we put our swimsuits on and went for a boat ride! So fun!

Well, that's it for Easter this year! Time to bust out the white pants and white shoes!! CIAO!

8 comments:

{Kimber} said...

NOW I'm hungry!!! :)
your table looked lovely
Glad you had a wonderful Easter :)

Sara said...

Your table looks amazing!! Love the china. And the menu sounds delicious too :)
I love boat weather!! Can't wait to go to the lake. Glad y'all had a fun weekend!

donatelli98 said...

You did an awesome job - love the place cards with the chocolate bunnies!

The Jones Family said...

Love your Easter table decorations! Super cute.

Awe, a boat ride! Jealous :)

starnes family said...

Love the smaller flower arrangements. I've never understood the enormous ones in the middle of the table. Weird.

Great bunnies with the name cards. You thought of everything!

And, the drink sounds refreshing and fun. Wish we lived closer. :)

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

Your table is beautiful, I would love to have spent Easter there!
Glad you had a nice relaxing weekend!

xo
Blair

SASS said...

How cute are you on the boat?!
Love all the Easter festiveness. Your table is darling--is it so fun to use all your new stuff? I can't wait!
Good job on your cookbook goals. I decided I'll cook once we're married ;)

Amber said...

Those hydrangeas are to die for. Everything looks so pretty and the food looks yummy! We don't ususally do much for Easter besides church but this makes me want to start! XOXO