Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Wedding Pictures and Memories

Sorry I've been so MIA. I got sick on the way home from Arkansas and have been bonding with my nettipot ever since.

My wedding photographer Jeff Cooke has been sending me tons of pictures from the big day and I thought I would share a few along with a few of the highlights of the weekend - in no particular order.

Highlight: When Brad saw me for the first time before the wedding. He said you look awesome and not too Jackie O'ish. He was a little worried about the Jackie look. Men!

Highlight: Seeing Brad cry as I walked down the aisle. Even though we spent the hour or so beforehand taking pictures it was still all about that moment.

Highlight: Having everything in one central place. We planned it this way and I cannot tell you how many people stopped to tell me how much they appreciated having the ceremony, reception and everyone's sleeping rooms in one spot. Not to mention it was walking distance to so many places!

Highlight: Having all of our family and friends meet. So awesome to see people meet each other for the first time after hearing story after story. Just look at my besties taking a gander at my hot mama shoes!

Highlight: Seeing Brad with his boys. Like me he was on cloud 9 having all of his best friends(who all live out of town)with him for the big day.

Here us girls are again. All of these chicas(who live outside of Charlotte) would have been my entourage of bridesmaids if I had chosen to go that route.

Highlight: Having people come up to me after the wedding and tell me that they could feel the love in the room. They know it's for reals.


Highlight: Walking into that reception room. Seeing my awesome flowers, my awesome friends, and my awesome family! I HAVE NEVER BEEN so EXCITED!

Highlight: Brad telling me that I was cutting too small of a piece of cake.

Highlight: During the ceremony when the Chaplain tells Brad that he can kiss the bride he says QUOTE: 'OH SNAP!' then kisses me!
Don't you love this picture?

Highlight: Seeing Brad's Dad and my new FIL cry while giving his toast at our rehearsal dinner. Oh..how sweet.

Highlight: My Dad trying to give me a quick ballroom dancing lesson during our Father/Daughter dance.

Highlight: Feeling the overcoming joy and excitement in my heart during our first dance to Smile by Uncle Kracker. I don't think I have ever felt that way before.
Highlight: Seeing my parents the happiest I have ever seen them in my entire life. No kidding!

Highlight: To great toasts by friends and family throughout the weekend. Including by BIL's Best Man toast where he referred to my love of photography and taking pix 5x's. LOL!

Last but not least Highlight: Dancing the night away. That is no joke. The deejay said he enjoyed watching me get down especially at the end when he played zydeco music!

More to come friends! Love you all!

16 comments:

Dee said...

These were great boo! It looks like everyone had a wonderful time! You looked so beautiful and happy! Congrat's again! I hope you're feeling better!

Anonymous said...

HOW AWESOME!!!

donatelli98 said...

Love this post - what a great way to recap the big day. You can see the excitement in your (and Brad's and everyone eleses) face in all the pictures. So happy for you!

Alayna said...

Sorry you got sick...ugh! I loved the entire wedding weekend. You and Brad were sooo happy, Congrats!

SASS said...

I LOVE THIS! Love thep ic of you two on the escalator. Beautiful pictures overall, that last one is hilarious!
Did he really say OH SNAP!? Cracks me up.
Can't wait to hear more deets, giving me some good tips! Glad you're back!

Dee Stephens said...

Yes, Sass... Brad actually said 'Oh Snap' three times during the ceremony.
He forgot he had a microphone on. Made for good fun.

Allyson and Dave said...

What great pictures!! I am so glad that you loved every minute of it. It sounds fabulous!

Sara said...

I don't even know where to start!?!?!?! These pictures are awesome. Love, love, love the one of Brad and his boys walking down the street. Especially since there's a HOOTERS sign off to the left. HIlarious!

That last picture of you two is priceless. So fun! You can just see the excitement and love in all of these pictures. Great photographer!

And I'm cracking up that he said, OH SNAP! Love it. Makes it all real. Congrats, you lovebirds!!

starnes family said...

Fabulous pictures, Dee! They just keep getting better. Loved your recap thus far. Such a great day!

If the shoe FITZ said...

oh snap! that's funny.

great recap. i could totally feel the love through the photos!

teresa-bug said...

I have tears in my eyes! Love the photos and the memories! :)

Coco said...

Your photographer was amazing! I love them all.

How do you pick??????

Monica said...

"OH SNAP!" That is AWESOME! Love the last picture of you guys gettin' down! Such a special day for you!! You both looked great and IN LOVE! Here's to a happy marriage!

The Jones Family said...

Such amazing pictures! You both look so truly happy!

The Rand's said...

Your pictures are great! Looks like such a fabulous time! Congrats again!

Sunshine In The City said...

I'm so excited to go through all of your pictures! It looks like you had one fabulously fun wedding!