Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day

No big report from Valentine's Day. It's never been a big holiday for me. We cooked a fabulous dinner tonight and hung out.

But..going back to why I'm not a Vday fan.

I remember these days:

* The only girl from high school NEVER getting flowers delivered to school.

* The few times I did have a boyfriend during high school it was so new it was weird and I didn't know what to do and neither did he. I would always get him a cookie cake and a balloon.

* College sucked too. Same as above minus the cookie cake and/or drinks instead.

* Out of college was a lot years by myself. A.LOT!

* One year I dated several different guys. Some serious but some not. I never even got a card.
Not that I *need* things but when every other chick gets something it makes you feel weird and like a loser(see above for high school).
My Dad even sent me roses as a "An Admirer" this year. It wasn't until recently that I figured out that it was him.

THEN~
* Then I got a real boyfriend who I really liked. He did it right for the most part. Wine, roses, a nice card. He ended up sucking in the long run. Sorry, if you're reading this.

THEN..


* I met THE ONE...

Our first Valentine's Day was spent in Lake Tahoe just a mere few months after we started dating.
My old stomping ground if you are not familiar.

I was stoked to have him experience Reno-Tahoe and this was our first REAL vacation together. It was fun..we learned a lot about each other.
A total fun and memorable experience!


Needless to say...one year later we were getting married and one year later we are about to celebrat our one year wedding anniversary.
WHAT..WHAT!!??? I got married in the month of Valentine's Day despite my dislike of it.So..BE.IT!!

13 comments:

teresa-bug said...

My college boyfriend and I broke up on Valentine's Day. I was devastated and in the fetal position for a few hours. Then we got back to together. DRAMA! But it scarred me for life.

Nikki said...

I never liked the day either. But now I'm too tired to even complain about it. It takes less energy to just celebrate ;)

Happy Valentines Day to you and your lover!

Jo said...

I've never been over the top with Valentine's Day. For the past couple of years my husband has made a special dinner for me at home and that's the best gift ever!

Hope you both enjoyed a happy day together.

Jo
Loved your previous post. If you ever need a wine buddy, give me a call :)

Sara said...

Yay for all those years of waiting to find the perfect one for you!! Aren't you glad you didn't settle???

Cheers to you guys! Hope your Valentine's Day was much more special than in all years past! xoxo

donatelli98 said...

Love that your Dad sent you flowers as an Admirer!! So sweet!!

The Southern Wife said...

We're normally not big on V-day either. We probably celebrated more this year than we ever have. Glad you had a nice night at home.

MCW said...

I hate V-day too! Maybe one day I will like this holiday. But, glad I have 364 days until the next one!

love jenny xoxo said...

I didn't have the best valentine's days in high school either, or college. But it's nice to know you'll have a valentine now!!

XOXO

starnes family said...

Love that recap. I think you simply made it a better version for yourself!

Just Dandy Blog said...

What a sweet post! I saw that you commented on Classy Southern Wife blog about her new makeover! I would love to give you a fabulous makeover as well! Email me if you have any questions or interested!!

Allyson and Dave said...

I have never like Valentines Day. But I have never had a bad one. I always had a boyfriend or a group of friends to celebrate with. I just think it is a cheesy holiday. I don't get it...I think it all seems fake.

SASS said...

We're going to Lake Tahoe in April! I'll have to get some deets on what to do. It looks heavenly.
Guys suck. Until you find the right one :)
Happy almost anniversary!!!! Crazy it's been a year!

Mandy said...

my dad totally sent me flowers to WORK one year on V Day *in fairly recent years* it was such a sweet thought but I was mortified...