Friday, September 10, 2010

Remembering by Giving Back


Tomorrow marks the 9th anniversary of 9/11 and last year on this blog I talked about where I was and what was going on with me then. You can read it here.

This year I want to challenge you all to do something in memory of the lives lost that day and the lives lost since then defending our freedom.

Two words:
GIVE BACK
Whether it's donating something to Goodwill, giving money or volunteering with a local non-profit. Do something in the next few weeks that makes a difference in someone's life.

Just like voting - every little bit counts.
Brad is beaching it with the boys this weekend so I am taking time tomorrow to spend some time at the USO.
I told Brad I thought it was the perfect way to spend part of my day.
Will you take the challenge?
Have a GREAT weekend everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be spending the day at the local air force base where my best friend is enlisted. They're doing a "Hometown Heroes" Day, and she's getting an award. Love this post, by the way.

Nikki said...

That's a great idea. I'll have to think of something I could do. Such a sad memory, but we most definitely can not forget!

The Soladay Family said...

Great post, Dee.

Anonymous said...

A great idea!

Thank you for your comment on my blog today :)

Monica said...

I donated to two charities this week!