Thursday, September 2, 2010

Have I Told You?

I have to get this out of my system. I know SASS has heard it and is probably tired of me saying it but here it is again.

Have I told you how happy that I am out of television news????? WOW! It's been over 5-years and it's been the best 5 years of my life professionally. Seriously.

I found out last night that one of my former co-workers and VERY GOOD friend was fired from my old station again. Granted -- the first time he was fired was legit. He admits -- he had a problem with drugs and alcohol but he's turned his life around. For real.. no joke. I OF ALL people would know if he was back on the sauce.

After several years at a TV station out West he made the trek back to Charlotte and went to work for the same station that fired him several years before. I WARNED him!! They treat people terribly, as most TV news stations do.

He didn't listen and gave them a second chance. Now after a year and half they found the dumbest, most retarded excuse to fire him again.

The minute I heard the news(someone texted me) I called him and he told me what happened.

All I can say for the people who did this and continue to do it to people all the time? WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!!!!

I'm not kidding! I have said this for years and I have actually seen it happen. Like my Dad has always said. The people you step on - on the way to the top? Are they ones you meet on the way down.

Read it people..

I'm not surprised by any of this but once again disgusted about how nasty the TV news business(especially locally) is.

Thanks for listening.. now I need a glass of wine.

3 comments:

donatelli98 said...

Karma ... so true! I like what your dad says about stepping on people to get to the top. The hard thing about it is time ... sometimes it seems to take forever for it to come back around.

starnes family said...

Sorry for your friend. And, I absolutely agree. The way we treat people in our daily lives, as well as professional ones, will come full circle. Those who lie, hurt or cheat the system will pay eventually!

The Jones Family said...

I'm sorry for your friend! That just really stinks.

We've all been there and faced karma in one way or another. It's a b for sure!