Monday, July 7, 2014

Fourth of July 2014

Fourth of July is one of my very favorite holidays.
Right up there with Christmas.
I'm very patriotic, growing up in a military family, so I'm all about celebrating our country and bleed red, white and blue!

As usual, we spent the weekend at my in-laws lake house and our time was spent, boating, swimming, and enjoying each other.
Here's a recap in pictures.
I was lucky to be awarded July 3rd off at work so we headed up that evening.
Our niece and nephew had already been up there for a couple of days.
We swam our hearts out that Thursday afternoon.
A last minute decision was made the night before the 4th to head over to the city of Faith, NC for their annual and VERY well known 4th of July festival and parade.
This town bursts with red, white and blue every July.
It was a great way to get the holiday started.
Made you proud to be an American.
I even got teary eyed when the piece of the World Trade Center rolled by.
Back home, we headed back to the dock.
For the 4th year in a row my in-laws were gracious to host my parents for the 4th.
So great that Shelby can enjoy both sets of grandparents in one weekend.
Unsuccessful attempt at a family 4th of July picture.
Dinner consisted of tenderloin, green beans, fresh caprese salad, fresh blueberry pie and cupcakes.
Shelby made both sets of grandparents patriotic paintings at school.
BIL and SIL brought their crazy dog with them.
Ellie just got out of a 3-month duck hunt school but holy moly it hasn't calmed her down any.
CRAZY pooch!
HA!
We actually all made it out on the boat that evening to see fireworks on the lake.
I didn't get any pictures because my camera just doesn't take great night/fireworks pictures.
Shelby wasn't phased at all.
Actually, she could have cared less about the show.
July 5th consisted of more time outside and on the water.
Our friends Mike and Melissa even made it down from DC.
Great 4th of July.
So awesome to spend it with family.
Thanks again to my in-laws for their hospitality!

5 comments:

donna said...

What a great 4th of July for y'all! Love all the red, white and blue.

Alayna said...

love the pics - that first one is great! so fun that all the cousins had such a blast together.

Mandy said...

You are so great about taking photos! I feel like I've already failed in that dept as a parent :)

Kate @ Daffodils said...

AH, I love it. Shelby is having the best childhood ever!

Allena said...

What great pics! Looks like y'all had a great vacation. :)