Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thoughts on Thursday

Random Ramblings for today's 'Thoughts on Thursday'.
I'm just over 29-weeks now and it seems this 3rd trimester is treating me a heck of a lot better than the 2nd.
And, everyone told me the 2nd was the honeymoon phase?
NOT!
I've probably jinxed myself now and my back and rib pain will come back.
Let's hope not.

This past weekend's shower gave Brad and I the big green light to start getting Shelby's nursery ready.
With all of my friends traveling in we needed the extra bedroom until now.
So, guess what?
We have a LOT TO DO!
We live in a 3-story townhouse so there will be a lot of stair climbing going on to get all of this junk up to the 3rd floor and everything currently in the room down to the 1st.

I'm excited about getting the nursery pulled together.
I've shared with ya'll before the fabrics we've chosen.
My Mom also surprised me with this shadow box that will hang in Shelby's room.
It was my costume and shoes from when I was 3-years old.
So fun!!
I'm still trying to figure out what else I'll put with it.
I have some ideas.
Wouldn't this little smocked bikini be perfect to display in the room?
It really does match the fabrics perfectly.
My friend Beth sent it this past week along with a ton of other fun stuff for Miss S. 
Including these!
She has a 19-month old daughter so we're getting a lot of her fun hand me downs.
What else is new?
Not a whole lot, except college football is kicking into high-gear.
LSU has their first SEC game this weekend taking on Auburn.
GEAUX Tigers!!

12 comments:

MCW said...

OMG. That bathing suite is ADORABLE!

Anonymous said...

That's such a cute bathing suit! Can't wait to see what the nursery looks like :)

Lauren
http://laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

I Do Declare said...

I LOVE the shadow box!!! SO MUCH!!!!

Mikelle Jade said...

Cute stuff! I can't wait until we move so I can finally set up a nursery :) The stair walking sounds no fun, but will probably be good exercise!

and I can't believe you are liking your third better (so far) well I guess I felt pretty good until about 32 weeks, and now baby boy is all up in my ribs and way too big! Just you wait!

Monica said...

Tiny UGGS. So cute!

Leigh Powell Hines said...

Exciting to get the nursery in place. YOu are so lucky to get those hand me downs. The bathing suit is precious.

The shadow box is great.

eas said...

The suit is to die for! Good luck getting the room all ready!

Coco said...

Love the shadow box! I shadow boxed TM's first birthday dress. Hopefully she will want to hang it in her room forever.

Can't wait to see her room!!!

Carly Anne said...

AHHH. I die. So cute.

Ashley said...

I love how your mom kept so much of your stuff (like my mum) ...they are such treasures!! Esp to Nostalgic/memory people like us :)
I cant wait to see the room.

Jo said...

That little bathing suit is so sweet!

Jo

Wiz said...

Time is going way too fast. I have so much to do and have done NOTHING. I need to made a list and start crossing things off!! Or else it will be too late. How has this snuck up on me!