Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Decorating Continues

As I mentioned earlier this week Brad is in Vermont working all week so The Buddy and I are home alone.

We are taking full advantage of it and blaring Christmas music throughout the house, burning Christmas scented candles, drinking wine and decorating! WOOHOO!

Giving all the expense with wedding stuff this year I didn't want to go out and spend a lot of money on new decorations, etc.. and as I always do - I stopped by a tree lot and got a lot of their tree scraps to try and make the house look festive.

There's still more to do but at least I got started last night. Most of it will be finished on Saturday since that's when I get my wreath for the door and other items I ordered from the local Boy Scouts.

Here's what I did get done though.

Lights on our back deck at our townhome. You can see our tree too!

Greenery on the mantle. I knew better than to take it all the way across due to the fact that it might block the flat screen view or be distracting and Brad would NOT be having that! haha!

Notice the fleur de lis sock holders! A gift from Brad last year! I would eventually like to have mongrammed stockings for me, Buddy and Brad. Again, not a priority in my budget right now.

A little greenery in this area. BTW - the bows are from a few years ago. My Mom made them(since I'm challenged in this area) and I've reused them for several years now.

Another area around our bar/kitchen.

And.. the dining room. This is where everyone will set up their cookies. I went out and bought two poinsettias and added greenery. Simple but gets the job done.

A closer look.

Our little china hutch..Feel like I should put something in the crystal vase but what?? Maybe Christmas balls? Ideas?

A closer view. These little guys were Brad's that he picked up when working in Russia several years ago. Love the Virginia Tech one! Too bad there's not an LSU one!
I grew up with these too since we lived in Germany for 3 1/2 years.. My Mom picked a bunch of them up too.

My little antique gossip table...

And that's it for now! I am going to work on our basement/first floor tonight. It's the 'so-called' man land so I know I can't go overboard in that space too much. I'm going to figure something out though!
Happy HumpDay!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks really good!

starnes family said...

Looks good, Dee! We have lights on our balcony, too. Love to sit out there!

Anonymous said...

looks great! love the header!!!

Allyson and Dave said...

Lovely!!! Your home looks so elegant.

SASS said...

Love it! Tree scraps? Brilliant.

Add some ornaments and fake glittery snow in that vase, cheap and easy! I do it on our kitchen table. I love to be home with wine and music and my puppy when Tony's away. Enjoy!