Thursday, April 7, 2011

More Buddy and Updates

Happy Thursday!
My Mother-in-law sent more pictures of Buddy obsessing over the squirrels there at the lake house.  It thought I would share since they're super cute. 
 If only he could catch one.  I'm actually surprised he has not.
In other news:
* We are VERY excited about our weekend trip to bike the VA Creeper Trail.  Read more about it here.

* Remember my friend Rachel? I got to see her in the Fall on our trip to California.  Refresh your memory by clicking here.  Well, she got a job with QVC and makes her solo debut at 5am tomorrow morning.  Fun or what? I can't wait to see her! check out her welcome video here.

* I'll be able to see her live because my Mom is coming in tonight and I'm taking her to the airport for a 6:30am flight tomorrow.  OUCH!

* Speaking of my Mom -- I haven't mentioned it on here but my rents have moved to North Carolina.  Instead of being 4 1/2 hours west of us they're now 2/12 hours east.  It will be nice to have them closer especially if we ever have a child.

* Lately I have felt like some of the 'going ons' with people in my life resemble some of the crap that takes place on one of the Real Housewives shows.  Honestly, I just don't have time for the cattiness. Anyone else experience this?

* The weather is gorgeous here today but I'm ready for Mother Nature to make up her mind on whether she's going to be hot or cold.

* Easter is right around the corner and it's still not clear who will host.  I'm thinking we will but Brad wants to make a prime rib(again). I would rather us do something else but he's not budging.  I've also started researching tablescape ideas and would love if you all have any fun ideas?

* I'm working on our next decade board for the Junior League.  We're moving on to the 1930's and I went to the building last night and found some old newspapers with pictures that we're going to use.  So fun finding old archives! I know have to write up the history piece to go on the board.

* I'm starting acupuncture this next week and am excited and nervous all at the same time.  Anyone else do/done it? I know one bloggy who has and loves it. Thanks for your support Sara!

That's all I have for today! TOOTLES!

10 comments:

donatelli98 said...

Cattiness sucks! I couldn't agree more! So cool that your parents moved east!! Hope your trip this weekend is fun - can't wait to see the pics. I love prime rib and never get to have it - can I come to your house? I too am surprised your little hunter hasn't caught himself a squirrel.

The Jones Family said...

Cattiness does suck but all you can do is remove yourself from it and take care of you!

Have fun on your trip this weekend!

Monica said...

Make sure to do a post about your accupuncture. I've never done it, but have only heard great things about it. Is there something in particular you are doing it for? Pain? Allergies?

The Lenzers said...

Good about your parents! I heart Easter, if you host, go with the prime rib. That part can be the tradition. cattiness sucks for sure! what are you getting acupuncture for? Oh, I LOVE LOVE QVC. I am a big watcher/shopper from there, so I will be looking for your friend!

Unknown said...

That's so awesome your friend is going to be on TV and your parents have moved closer-I'm hoping to have some family support once we start a family as well, but for now we are 16+ hours apart. I've seen first hand the wonderful things acupuncture can do for people-I am a total advocate-GO FOR IT!

Will you do a post on some inspiration pics you find for easter table scapes? If your looking for more inspiration I'm sure http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/ will have some, you could even go back to this time last year.

Sara said...

Ha! Thanks for the shout out. :) I hope you like it. Just remember to go in with an open mind, relax and enjoy yourself. It doesn't hurt, I promise.

Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Maybe you should pitch the RHONC to Bravo?!?!? You never know. You could be the down-to-earth chick. Wait...do they ever have a down to earth housewife??

Have a blast on your bike trip!!

Nikki said...

Oh man, my Husband loves those real housewives shows. I hope you guys all sit on a couch and have it out ;)

Dee said...

Uugh...cattiness! I've been experiencing it a lot here on blogger recently! It's rediculious and childish really. Those pics of Buddy are so cute lol!

Have a great weekend biking boo!

Ashley said...

I did acupuncture to try to induce labor! It didn’t work, but it was relaxing. My dad did it years ago for his back, and I guess it helped relieve a lot of pain before he could have his surgery.
That is nice that your parents are closer…for when you have a child. Is that in the cards for sooner rather than later? :)

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

your dogs is too cute! i just found your blog and like it! please stop by mine!