Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Facebook and Old Friends

I’m on Facebook, just as most of the world is these days.

It’s been fun reconnecting with old friends from high school, college and the different TV stations I’ve worked at throughout the years.

Lately though, I’ve been getting messages from a ton of my brother’s old high school buddies whom he hasn’t talked to in upwards of 15 to 20-years. My brother, (Wesley) on the other hand will NEVER get on Facebook for a ton of different reasons but loves reconnecting with old friends.

One of the people he has reconnected with is his best friend from high school, whom he had a falling out with years ago. They haven’t talked in years so this is exciting!

Me on the other hand, I’ve had the same best friend since 2nd grade and I’m glad to report that we’ve never had a falling out.

Her name is Rebekah and it’s amazing how we’ve been able to keep in touch over the years. She lives in Tampa now with her husband Rob and her 2 gorgeous daughters, but she calls me nearly every morning on my way to work.

Rebekah and I have a ton of memories from visiting each other in the summer after I moved to Arkansas, living together our freshman year of college, to living in Las Vegas at the same time after college, (gosh what fun we had there!).

I haven’t seen her in over a year but plan on visiting her soon down there in sunny Florida! Love and miss you Bek! Here is couple of pictures from throughout the years.

The last time I saw Rebekah in Dallas, Texas a year or so ago.

Age 15 at Petit Jean Mountain, Arkansas

Age 18 - Delta Gamma Big Sis Lil' Sis


Age 25(?) at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

1 comment:

starnes family said...

Yay for DG's!!!!! How cool that you guys have stayed close for all these years. Such a special friendship.